Review by Psycho Penguin

"Has been destroyed by Soul Calibur, but still the best 3D fighter on PSX"

Tekken 3 is one of the coolest games I have ever played in the arcade, and it received its fair share of quarters from me. So, as you would expect, I expected a lot from Tekken 3 for the Playstation. And it didn't dispoint me. Sure, Tekken 2 was great, but Tekken 3 smasehes it in every way imaginable!!! Trust me, this is the pinncale of 3D Playstation fighters. How can they get better than this?

GRAPHICS (10/10): The most unbelievable part of the game, in my personal opinion, is the fact that Tekken 3 is arcade perfect!! Yep, one of the coolest arcade games of all time is translated into an excellent Playstation fighter. While not quite to the level of Soul Calibur's transistion to Dreamcast, Teken 3 still looks wonderful and you'll think you were playing the arcade version while playing the Playstation version!!

CONTROL (10/10): This game has excelent control, and unlike Soul Calibur, the controller works very well and you won't need to buy an arcade stick to enjoy playing it.

GAMEPLAY (10/10): Tekken 3 is filled with so much extra modes, and add that to the coolest fighting engine on the Playstation, and you have a surefire winner. The fighting engine is really cool, and each charcater has lots of combos, and other cool special moves. You get a wide selection of charcaters, including the infamous JIn Hayuzma. You get a ton of cool extra modes, too, including a BEACH BALL MODE!!!! Unbelievable!! As a matter of fact, you can only unlock some secret characters after completing the certain modes. Also, there are your basic 2 palyer mode as well. Definetly outstanding gameplay that never gets old, unlike most fighting games (*cough*Mortal Kombat)

FUN FACTOR (11/10): Tekken 3 simply puts all other 3D fighting games on Playstation to shame With great graphics, cool extra modes, and lots of playable charcaters and great gameplay, Tekken 2 and fighting game nuts would be ashamed to let this gem pass them by!!! Don't make trhe same mistake, play it today!!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 07/16/01