Review by Psycho Penguin

"Good yet second game is better."

Sonic Blastman, released for the SNES, was supposedly an arcade hit. I cannot confirm this since I have never played the arcade game or seen it. Anyways, the game is an awesoms side scroller in the reins of the Final Fight series.

The major things in terms of graphics are the size and detail of the characters. The detail in the enemies and charcters are great, yet they are way too big. Seriously, their height must have taken up about 80 percent of the screen. And the backgrounds aren't that great either.

The control in this game is great. The thing I like about it is that it is easy to use your special attacks. You can even change the control setting.

Sonic Blastman is hardly innovative. It is classic side scroller beat-em-up action all the way, with no new twists. You get a variety of special attacks. You have a special meter which can only be increased by obtaining special BLAST logos . This is about the only change worth noting. Unfortunately, ther stages in the game are way too long, the gameplay is slow paced, and the special attacks take forever to perform.

Sonic Blastman is hardly innovative, yet us fun and a good solid beat em up overall.

Reviewer's Rating:   4.0 - Great

Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 07/16/01

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.