Review by Psycho Penguin

"This could be the first ever WWF game... if so, it's a good first effort!"

Nowadays, there is no lack of good wrestling games. From the decent Acclaim titles (Wazrone, Hardcore Revolution) to the greattitles from THQ (Smackdown!, Wrestlemania 2000), the wrestling game genre has gotten its fair share of quality games. But back in the early days, before the WWF became very popular, there were also a few wwf games made, but they just weren't as well done. Sure there were some good ones (King of the Ring for NES, Superstars for Arcade) but most of them lacked the three I's: Intelligence (enemy AI), Integrity (good control), and Intenisty (fun gameplay). That is why I enoyed the Amiga version of WWF European Rampage so much, because it featured all three I's. The enemy AI was good but not too challenging, it had good control, and the gameplay was fun and fast. Overall this game is great.

Graphics (7.2/10)
Okay, so the graphics aren't the prettiest, and they certainly aren't going to win any awards any time soon, but they are still pretty good for an Amiga game. The wrestler designs are a bit iffy but they do look like their real life counterparts. The ring design is very well done, as well. Overall good graphics.

Music/Sound (4.4/10)
Not much to say here, other than I was disappointed in the quality of the music and sound effects. The Amiga has produced some quality sound but unfortuantely this game did not. I think it would have been cool had their been theme music for the wrestlers been featured. Because overall this category is disappointing.

Gameplay/Control (7.8/10)
You only get a choice of four wrestlers to choose from: Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, and the Million Dollar Man. You then face off against four teams, including the Legion of Doom. The gameplay is good because it is fun and fast. The enemy AI is challenging but it doesnt bog down on the game too much. There is some slowdown, and some of the moves are hard to pull off, but overall they're still pretty good. I did not like the lack of selectable wrestlers, which is the only reason this category didn't get a higer score. I usually just end up picking the Ultimate Warrior and kicking some ass with him! Overall, the gameplay and control are both pretty good.

Replay Value (9.1/10)
Im gonna be playing this one for a while, even with the almighty Smackdown out. The game is very fun to play, and very addicting.

Challenge (8.8/10)
Some of the best AI Ive ever seen in a wrestling game. The fact that you have to face tag teams makes it even more challenging.

Overall (8.4/10)
This really stellar wrestling title surprised me by being so good. This is definelty my favorite Amiga game of all time, as well as being one of my favorite WWF wrestling games of all time!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 05/02/00, Updated 07/16/01