Review by PHarris

"A game that's really worth your quarters!"

Here we go again. Man I never tire of playing a Sega arcade game. No matter if its Top Skater, House of The Dead 2, Get Bass, or Daytona 2, it's never too much fun. Daytona 2 is easily the best arcade racing game I have ever played. It's not that much different than the first Daytona game, but who cares? Also, playing the game usually only costs you 50 cents. That's pretty cheap at a time like this where some games cost more than 3 or 4 dollars to play one game! Everything about the game is downright perfect from the eye shattering graphics to the easy controls. This game has it all! Let's take a look inside the numbers.

Graphics - 10
Come on people, this is a Sega arcade game we are talking about! What else do you expect than the absoulte best? Sega reall did a fantastic job on this game. Even when all 40 cars are on the screen, the framerate never drops a bit. Also, the cars themselves look fantastic, and the opening intro is wonderful to watch, and gets you excited even more about playing this game. Hands down to Sega for a perfect job.

Sound - 10
Sega is also known for its wonderful sound effects. Name a Sega arcade game that didn't excel in this category. None? I didn't think so. The engine noises are ultra realiistic, and when you add a announcer that's not cheesy plus a pit cheif thats makes you feel you are actual driving in the Daytona 500, you have a perfect combination. Also a perfect job from Sega.

Control - 10
The first Daytona game was a breeze to drive, so why would the second be any different? The option to powerslide adds alot of realism and depth to the game. Plus if the machine you are playing on is a really big one (like ours), the engine noises and crashes vibrating thorugh the seat makes you drive even better than before. This is sounding repetive, but a perfect job from Sega again.

Gameplay - 10
Like I said before, when you add all the thing Sega has done right about this game, plus racing in the first person mode and put it together, you get the most realistic racing experience available today. Often you might be darting you head out of the way or ducking in your seat when you have a nasty crash or see a flying car coming straight at you. As perfect as you can get.

If at this time of the review you still don't realize that I am crazy about playing this game, then you need to be checked out by a doctor. You are just plain stupid if you don't play this game. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99