Review by Baradur

"The Best Of All The Star Wars Arcade Games"

I first played this game in a Dave and Buster's arcade room quite a few years ago, and I was amazed. The graphics, gameplay, sound(especially the sound) were so good! I wish that this game came out on a console, so I wouldn't have to drive all the way to the crappy arcade to play it. I've played all the other Star Wars Arcade games were ok, but this one just blew them all away. I suppose you'll probably want me to tell you why. Well fine, read on...

Gameplay 10/10: The gameplay reminds me of a horrible Star Wars game called Rebel Assault 2. It is a mix of flight simulation and first person shooting. But the thing is, Rebel Assault 2 was bad...Star Wars Trilogy Arcade is good. Now I love flight sim games, but not many first person shooting games. Of course, this one, like Metroid Prime, is an exception. The controls run so smoothly in this game. I can't think of one part in SWTA where the controls stall or even slow down! The rumble feature in the game was a plus too. This game's great!

Challenge 8/10: All in all, most parts of this game are pretty easy. I suppose the Battle of Yavin could be kind of hard, and maybe the Death Star II battle. The hardest part, in my opinion, was the duel with Darth Vader in the Return of the Jedi game.

Story 8/10: Well, this game takes place at three different times in the main Star Wars timeline. Also, the parts of the game you get to play take place only at the most intense parts in the movies, so no matter how many times you play it, you'll never get the full story. If you want the entire story, go watch the original Star Wars trilogy, because I don't feel like typing up the whole thing right now.

Graphics 10/10: Great when the game came out, and still pretty good by today's standards. The part of the game with the best graphics was definitely the Battle of Hoth. I like it more than Rogue Squadron 2's version of it! Everything from stormtroopers to Ewoks to Wampas were done in high detail on the shooting levels, which is always good.

Sound 10/10: The best feature of the game. This is the best sound of any Star Wars game. Everything's loud, crisp, and clear! Every single thing sounds like it does in the movies, from the lightsaber hum to the wampa roars. The music is also astounding. It sounds exactly like it does in the movies! I'm not kidding.

Playtime/Replayability 10/10: I don't remember how many quarters I spent on this game. I never got bored of it though. Even after you beat the game, you'll still find yourself wasting all of your precious quarters on it.

Rent or Buy? Well, seeing as you can't exactly rent this game, and you'd have to have quite a bit of money to buy it(I don't!), I guess you can't do either of them! But you can always go to an arcade and play it. Star Wars is so popular, that there's a good chance any nice arcade will have this game.

There you have it. My first arcade review. Hopefully now you know all about the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade game, and you will go out and play it. Now, I wonder if after Episode III comes out, they'll make a Prequel SWTA game, where you can shoot Jar Jar! I can only hope.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/05/03, Updated 04/05/03