Review by Warhawk

"Best Boat Racing game for the Arcade"

Hydro Thunder for the Arcade is the best boat racing game that I've played. There aren't many people who dig boat racing games. I am one of them but this game took me away when I first played the game. If you are trying to find a boat racing game on the arcade go for Hydro Thunder is the king of boat racing arcades. This game has some great boats in the game including some that you might think that you can handle, but be careful some are not what you think. This game will satisfy the average gamer because those who are the racing type of people should give this game a try because it is fun. Anyone who hasn't played this game should play it and when they do they might think that this is one of the best games for the arcade (especially in the racing genre). All right let's get straight to the review:

The graphics of this game are the best graphics that Midway has put in one of their racing games. The boats, tracks, and the environments are nicely detailed.

Gameplay: 9.2/10
I know that I don't put this in many of my reviews but I would like to put in this review. The gameplay of this game is very great because it has very good framerate along with great graphics to make this game a great game.

The sound of this game is very pleasing for a boat racing game that I have played. One of the boats in this game sound like one of those Top Fuel drag car. So the sound of this game will satisfy some people who give this game a try.

Difficulty: 9.5/10
The difficulty of this game is quite challenging for most people who play this game because it was quite challenging for me when I first played this game.

OVERALL: 9/10
Overall, for the average gamers who want to try a boat racing game go out and try Hydro Thunder (in a Aracade near you.) This will satisfy the average gamer because this is the BEST boat racing game that I've played will be the best for me. I would like to recommend to people to play this game because there aren't many games like this game is because these types of games are rare to see in the arcades. Until next review, peace.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/02/02, Updated 06/17/02