Review by Psycho Penguin

"Ive never had so much fun at the arcade..."

NFL Blitz had been one of my favorite football games of all time. The quick gameplay and ''no holds barred, anything goes'' rulebook lent itself well to the game, in my opinion. So my friend and I used to play it a lot at the arcade. When I heard NFL Blitz 2000 was coming out in the arcade, I was estatic. I had loved NFL Blitz but knew that the game could be improved. For instance, the original Blitz had a feature where you had to move the joystick to target a reciever. It became very frustrating after a while because I kept on missing the targeted receiver. So when I played Blitz 2000 for the 1st time, I expected the same fun gameplay but with new innovations and improvements added. And NFL Blitz 2000 delivered. It is definetly better than its already awesome predecessor.

Graphics (9.8/10): These graphics are definetly much better than the already great looking NFL Blitz. Right from the opening screen you can see the improvement in the graphics. The player models are a lot more detailed, and the scoreboard logos look a lot better. I definetly prefer the look of the new scoreboard logos to the ones featured in the original Blitz. Also, the menu system has been much improved. Overall great graphics.

Music/Sound (9.3/10): The best thing about the music and sound effects in Blitz 2000, as well as the original Blitz, is the great commentatry, in my opinion. The commentary is very well done and sometimes can crack some people up with comments like ''Did someone get the license plate off that bus?'' or ''Is that legal?'' The music is also great, and I like all the different tracks in the game. Overall great music and great commentary equals good sounding game.

Gameplay/Control (9.7/10): Well, the first NFL Blitz really was a great game, but it had problems. The menu system was a little clunky and it was hard to pass the ball to the intended receiver. But in NFL Blitz 2000, all of these flaws have been corrected. its much easier to pass the ball, and the menu system is much improved. There is also a wider selection of plays to choose from. NFL Blitz 2000 delivers the same great fun of the original while correcting a few of the original's flaws. Overall great, fun gameplay.

Replay Value: High