Review by Brak

"How does Konami make games like this that are so good????"

Yes! Konami has made another astounding beat em' up game for the arcade! Before I played this game, The Simpsons was my favorite arcade game, but Konami outdoes themselves and makes an even BETTER game! Using a not so successful spin-off of the Ninja Turtles (or at least I think Bucky was,) Bucky O' Hare is an excellent arcade hit!

Simply amazing to say in the least! The characters looked just like their cartoon selves, and the scenery is all very lush and detailed! It looks like something you'd see from the cartoon show! The explosions from powerful shots were dazzling, and looked very destructive!

The music was appropriate to the game, but it wasn't very catchy. It was kind of quiet too, so it wasn't too noticeable. With all the noise going on in arcades, chances are you won't notice the music. The sound effects, on the other hand, were impressive. They had a sci-fi taste to them, and much louder than the music! Whenever a character talked, they would use annoying sound effects, similar to on the original Star Fox. Why didn't they just use voices? Maybe they did, but it sounded like a bunch of blips because of the noise in the arcade ;).

INCREDIBLE! This is certainly no ordinary beat em' up! Using inspiration from the cartoon, Konami created a bunch of well set up levels. The levels are not all repetitive, and the game has a lot of variation in the action. Your characters recieve guns in this game, so it's not just a punch, kick type of beat em' up. Come to think of it, it's more of an action game. Anyway, this game could have up to 4 players at once, each player using a different character from the show (Bucky, Deadeye, Blinky, etc.) With 4 players going at once, there was some real fun to be had, and a lot of destruction as well! This game isn't very common like the Simpsons was, and I've only seen it about 2 or 3 places in my life. Even so, this is one memorable classic!

The challenge is high. There's a lot of variation in the action, and Konami always adds in a bunch of twists and turns.

The replay value is high. You'll keep playing until you're broke!

The best action/beat em' up EVER, BAR NONE!!!!!!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/14/00, Updated 08/14/00