What do you think about Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS.

#1Yoshi2010Posted 6/17/2014 2:29:37 PM
A few people,on the Smash for Wii U board have show interest in a topic like this being made, but none have actually created it.

So, did any of you go to Smash Fest at Best Buy, and if so did you like it? What do you think of the game so far? Any particular newcomers you want?
---
"I cant im a librul vogon now"- Waryo, Supper Smash Bros: Mishonh form God.
In case you don't know, I'm British. And a Pac Main. Audere est Facere.
#2super_luigi16(Moderator)Posted 6/17/2014 9:53:17 PM
I've been following the news since E3 2013, and I have to say that I'm really impressed with how the game is coming along. I have high hopes for the game, and I like the direction that Sakurai is taking it. The assist trophies look awesome, the stages look amazing, the roster looks comical-yet-fitting, and the core gameplay changes seem to fix a lot of the mistakes in Brawl. That said, there are still some things that I'm not a huge fan of, online being the biggest travesty. However, my opinion might change once the game comes out. I loved Brawl, and I respect Melee for what it is, but I think SSB4 might just top both of them.

I dropped by Smash Fest on Wednesday, but it was so busy that I left. I really like Smash, but I don't like it enough to wait 2.5 hours to play the game for five minutes... >_>
---
Luigi > Mario
http://www.facebook.com/SLFAQS | Current - MK8 FAQ/Walkthrough - MGWT FAQ/Walkthrough
#3Yoshi2010(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 1:40:35 PM
Why do you not like the online? I like the idea of separating casuals from competitives, gives you a chance to get more enjoyment out of it.
---
"I cant im a librul vogon now"- Waryo, Supper Smash Bros Mishonh form God.
I want Layton for Smash. I main Wolf and will main Pac. Audere est Facere.
#4super_luigi16(Moderator)Posted 6/18/2014 9:24:14 PM
I also like the idea of separating the two modes, but they kinda screwed up the execution imo. They made the rules far too strict (only Final Destination stages on For Glory and only other stages on For Fun), and the Global Smash Power seems completely arbitrarily useless from what I've seen. I think they should've added some more online modes if they were going to make the rules this strict. Maybe a custom random match selector like Mario Kart 8?
---
Luigi > Mario
http://www.facebook.com/SLFAQS | Current - MK8 FAQ/Walkthrough - MGWT FAQ/Walkthrough
#5Yoshi2010(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 4:42:42 AM
I think For Glory should have had Final Destination, Battlefield and any other tourney legal stages, cooperate with the competetives to find out which ones.

Custom match selection has potential, but in a game like Smash there are so many you will rarely find anyone with the same selection that you want.
---
"I cant im a librul vogon now"- Waryo, Supper Smash Bros Mishonh form God.
I want Layton for Smash. I main Wolf and will main Pac. Audere est Facere.
#6TheStarCore(Moderator)Posted 6/19/2014 5:00:20 AM
I only ever play online with friends, so the online options don't bother me.

Massively excited for Smash though, adore the look of Little Mac and also very excited for everybody else. Hoping the leak is true because I also majorly want Shulk in the game. Wasn't going to get the 3DS version, but they persuaded me by releasing it first.
#7DetroitDJ(Moderator)Posted 6/20/2014 9:27:43 PM
I just really want to know what the title is going to end up being. If it's seriously going to stay "for Wii U", that's an awful title.
---
www.DDJGames.com | Latest: GameFAQs Top 100: #10 to #1
twitter.com/ddjgames | www.GamingSymmetry.com
#8super_luigi16(Moderator)Posted 6/20/2014 9:37:45 PM
DetroitDJ posted...
I just really want to know what the title is going to end up being. If it's seriously going to stay "for Wii U", that's an awful title.

"The Top 10 Games With Terrible Names Part 2"
---
Luigi > Mario
#9Yoshi2010(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2014 10:13:26 AM
DetroitDJ posted...

IIRC that is the final title. It is on the box art.
---
I review Mishonh from God: http://tinyurl.com/Mishohn - PM reviews! Chapter 4 now available!
I want Layton for Smash. I main Wolf and Pac. Audere est Facere.
#10Cataclysms(Moderator)Posted 6/24/2014 11:20:19 AM
I'm not real big on fighting games and haven't owned a Nintendo system in quite a while, so I have no interest in it.
---
Damn the Man! Save the Empire!