playing on bnet

#1colebroPosted 11/17/2012 10:37:07 AM
tried playing on bnet couldnt find any games or players but when i logged in it says 53 games and 150 people playing diablo. then i read about installing in c:\program files can prevent you from playing online. thanks to BFBullpup for posting about this had no idea that was the case cheers.
#2LennyLenPosted 11/17/2012 6:51:48 PM
then i read about installing in c:\program files can prevent you from playing online.

If you were able to get on to bnet then this is not an issue for you (it also hasn't been an issue since Windows XP onwards).

When joining games, you only get a list of games created by people around the same level as you. So if you're seeing no games, it means the 53 being played are at a different level, or are closed private games.
---
- LennyLen (Not to be confused with LennyLen)
#3colebro(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 2:04:50 PM
Ty for the info ya i remember trying to install diablo on vista and couldnt because it would crash. now it works strange goin ons with old games and vista. ill try to see if i can find players online i saw no one in chat and town square and lounges are empty even traders post ect all void.
#4colebro(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 11:12:56 AM
figured it out 1.08 added gateways so its even emptier in each of them. you cant join starcraft or warcraft channels.. well you used to be able to now its just plain gimped on b.net.
#5colebro(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 6:51:15 PM
ya too bad its broken up like that. seems the only active (seen at least one person) is channel diabo usa-1 on us west and diablo le on us east. other than that been slow but its still fun to play a game with a guest.

if anyone is having troubles connecting to b.net with diablo you can download the portforward static address program which will let you go through your firewall. then just setup you application filter in your router.