Chat Buddies?

#1LordThurisazPosted 12/29/2012 3:51:27 PM
Seems this board is the most active for D1 I actually am playing the PSx version due to my computer having crapped out on me. My girlfriend knew how much I played the whole Diablo series and seen the PSx version at a local game store, long story short it was a good Christmas and I'm playing D1 on my PS3 lol.

Anyways just looking for people who still play to make conversation with about the game help pass the time while I grind away. I will be starting on Monday as I am currently unemployed so once family is all back to work from the holiday it will be back to days of filling out apps and playing long hours of togs to keep from going insane. Hope I didn't waste too much of anyone's time, thanks for reading.
---
Because he died for us and resurrected to save us... WE LOVE YOU GOKU.
#2WrattsPosted 1/8/2013 1:12:26 PM
I just reinstalled this game and am playing it on battle.net.

Nice to see there are other nostalgic players who still play this game...
#3AlexTheNextOnePosted 1/9/2013 9:40:43 AM
Wratts posted...
I just reinstalled this game and am playing it on battle.net.

Nice to see there are other nostalgic players who still play this game...

I've always wanted to play through this again, nice and slowly, with other people. Would anyone be up for planning that?
---
Playing: Torchlight II, Tales of Graces f
#4colebroPosted 1/9/2013 10:52:36 AM
i installed a copy after playing 20 or so hours of torchlight 2. i would definately play ill send you an email.
#5WrattsPosted 1/9/2013 4:20:43 PM
I'm always hanging out in the channel Town Square just like back ye olden days, current character/user name is "Sian". The game room I'm in is always named "The Reckoners".

I'll start over any number of characters and co-op with anybody interested, I've noticed I can still pretty much play it in my sleep so playing it slow should be easy-peasy. :)
#6AlexTheNextOnePosted 1/9/2013 7:34:53 PM
LordThurisaz posted...
Seems this board is the most active for D1 I actually am playing the PSx version due to my computer having crapped out on me. My girlfriend knew how much I played the whole Diablo series and seen the PSx version at a local game store, long story short it was a good Christmas and I'm playing D1 on my PS3 lol.

Anyways just looking for people who still play to make conversation with about the game help pass the time while I grind away. I will be starting on Monday as I am currently unemployed so once family is all back to work from the holiday it will be back to days of filling out apps and playing long hours of togs to keep from going insane. Hope I didn't waste too much of anyone's time, thanks for reading.

What about you LordThurisaz, is there an alternate WinXP/Vista/7 machine you can use to play some D1? I could show you how to get it working under Vista or 7 too, if need be.
---
#7MaSan27Posted 1/14/2013 1:53:45 PM
I run it in xp compatibility mode (service pack 3). To fix the colour issue just close explorer.exe and everything should work fine.

Does anybody play online? I'm never played diablo 1 before, had some terrible internet back in the day. Plus, i was a kid back then.

Starcraft battle.net was off the hooook back then damn... i miss those days.
---
Ras Kass "Soul On Ice" 1996
Peace
#8AlexTheNextOnePosted 1/14/2013 2:09:48 PM
MaSan27 posted...
I run it in xp compatibility mode (service pack 3). To fix the colour issue just close explorer.exe and everything should work fine.

Does anybody play online? I'm never played diablo 1 before, had some terrible internet back in the day. Plus, i was a kid back then.

Starcraft battle.net was off the hooook back then damn... i miss those days.

While we're on the topic of getting it to work in Vista/7, I found that only running it as Administrator AND closing explorer.exe was all it took to get the game to work just fine. Compatibility Mode and all the other tips and tricks out there never seemed to work for me.
---
#9WrattsPosted 1/25/2013 6:45:28 PM
That's so weird, for me (on Windows 7) it worked as soon as I set up compatibility mode to Win95 IIRC and ALL its settings like 256 colors or the 640x480 res.