Using Character Boost and losing Limit Breaks

#1njc707Posted 8/18/2012 2:15:30 PM
When I used Character Boost it seems like the limit break bar stops filling up. Has anyone else had this issue?
#2Ethereal_NightPosted 8/18/2012 2:20:58 PM
Limit breaks fill depending on how much damage you take relative to your max HP. If you have insanely high max HP, your bar fills much slower
---
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comictoomuch1.png
#3njc707(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 2:32:41 PM
i totally forgot about that. thanks!
#4Ethereal_NightPosted 8/18/2012 2:35:14 PM
Yeah, it's one of the reasons I didn't use character booster - the game's easy enough, so I'd rather not screw up my limit learning. Might put it on to make the Weapon battles easier, I suppose, but there's no reason to use it from the start
---
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comictoomuch1.png
#5deathguise125Posted 8/20/2012 12:56:01 AM
you can always leave limits till disc 2 or 3 get mime learn the first of each level then use it on a strong enemy with your lowest weapons and enough materia to weaken you and mime the limit i did this on a boss at the end of disc 2 with yuffies 3/1 limit and got the 3/2 after the fight, it was also the first time i used yuffie 3/1 limit
---
gamertag: Sad Marshmallow, Psn: vincent 125
youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAjkiller125?feature=mhum
#6Anodyne11Posted 8/20/2012 2:12:28 AM
deathguise125 posted...
you can always leave limits till disc 2 or 3 get mime learn the first of each level then use it on a strong enemy with your lowest weapons and enough materia to weaken you and mime the limit i did this on a boss at the end of disc 2 with yuffies 3/1 limit and got the 3/2 after the fight, it was also the first time i used yuffie 3/1 limit

This is a good strategy. You need to use the first limit in each level 8 times if I remember correctly to unlock the second one.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#7Everfree_FirePosted 8/20/2012 2:37:51 AM
deathguise125 posted...

That works? I always just abused...Whatever Aerith's 2-2 limit was, combined with Trine/Beta/Aqualung and the forest outside of Rocket Town for kills.
#8therealdeal2222Posted 8/20/2012 2:41:04 AM
You can also manipulate any enemy with Laser enemy skill and fill your limit bar really fast, even at 9999 HP. I think the earliest is a monster in the Prison grounds after the Gold Saucer.
#9jiinnPosted 8/20/2012 2:02:40 PM
njc707 posted...
When I used Character Boost it seems like the limit break bar stops filling up. Has anyone else had this issue?

Hi, TC. I have an unrelated question. How do you get/find the character booster for the 2012 PC re-release of FF7? I couldn't locate it in the download folder and it's not under "settings," either. Does anyone know how to access it? Thanks.
#10Anodyne11Posted 8/21/2012 2:22:44 AM
jiinn posted...
njc707 posted...

Hi, TC. I have an unrelated question. How do you get/find the character booster for the 2012 PC re-release of FF7? I couldn't locate it in the download folder and it's not under "settings," either. Does anyone know how to access it? Thanks.

It's not in game. Once you start up the game, click on "View Online Profile" and sign in at the website it takes you.
It will have an option to use the character booster after you login.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards