1. Boards
  2. RollerCoaster Tycoon
  3. My park just hit its 3,000th year!

User Info: Ikasnu

Ikasnu
3 years ago#1
It has been rebuilt about 10 times too. Over $60,000,000. Lol
I love Brianna Nicole Smith.
Philadelphia Eagles '13-'14 season (3-13) You heard it here first!

User Info: xpiritflare

xpiritflare
3 years ago#2
Wait. wat.

o_o
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa

Ikasnu
3 years ago#3
When I was a kid I would build a park and leave it on all night. My pc literally ran for over a month straight with this game. Re-booted it up recently with 2 years left to 3000.

xpiritflare
3 years ago#4
Haha that's crazy. The highest I've gotten to on one park is the 59th year
http://i.imgur.com/fpFEjjG.png

It's pretty much me on a goal to paying off the loan on one of the real park scenarios (my topic about it is still here on this boards first page, it was one year ago)

I suspect that paying off the loan on the last of three that remain will probably take me to year 100 or so.
http://i.imgur.com/Pqr7qgj.png
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa

Ikasnu
3 years ago#5
xpiritflare posted...
Haha that's crazy. The highest I've gotten to on one park is the 59th year
http://i.imgur.com/fpFEjjG.png

It's pretty much me on a goal to paying off the loan on one of the real park scenarios (my topic about it is still here on this boards first page, it was one year ago)

I suspect that paying off the loan on the last of three that remain will probably take me to year 100 or so.
http://i.imgur.com/Pqr7qgj.png

Saw that and was meanin to ask you, how the hell did you do it? I cant keep that park in the green for nothing!

xpiritflare
3 years ago#6
Yeah it's ridiculous, the loan interest is killer.
Honestly, paying off the first couple of million takes the bulk of the time, it was like that when I was doing Heide Park, the first 30-35 years were so painfully slow. In the end, it just comes down to slowly chipping away at that loan.

Ikasnu
3 years ago#7
xpiritflare posted...
Yeah it's ridiculous, the loan interest is killer.
Honestly, paying off the first couple of million takes the bulk of the time, it was like that when I was doing Heide Park, the first 30-35 years were so painfully slow. In the end, it just comes down to slowly chipping away at that loan.

Also, how did you keep guests interested in your rides? After a year, most of the smaller rides lose their profits and popularity and all I know to do is lower the pricing, but then that kills the loan payments.

xpiritflare
3 years ago#8
I end up rebuilding them, generally most gentle rides are rebuilt after 5 years, thrill/water/transport- 8-13 years, roller coasters- 13-17 years. I don't bother with a couple of specific rides (with a park with a high entrance fee) because they'll always lose money (eg mini golf), but they're okay to make if the park has free entrance.

Also, I have my umbrellas set to $20, when it rains it's a good chunk of profit.

Ikasnu
3 years ago#9
xpiritflare posted...
I end up rebuilding them, generally most gentle rides are rebuilt after 5 years, thrill/water/transport- 8-13 years, roller coasters- 13-17 years. I don't bother with a couple of specific rides (with a park with a high entrance fee) because they'll always lose money (eg mini golf), but they're okay to make if the park has free entrance.

Also, I have my umbrellas set to $20, when it rains it's a good chunk of profit.

You can really sell them for that much?

xpiritflare
3 years ago#10
Yep, though the guests will only buy them when it's raining.
  1. Boards
  2. RollerCoaster Tycoon
  3. My park just hit its 3,000th year!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived