My park just hit its 3,000th year!

#1IkasnuPosted 4/15/2013 5:13:16 PM
It has been rebuilt about 10 times too. Over $60,000,000. Lol
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith.
Philadelphia Eagles '13-'14 season (3-13) You heard it here first!
#2xpiritflarePosted 4/19/2013 8:18:36 PM
Wait. wat.

o_o
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
#3Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:25:34 AM
When I was a kid I would build a park and leave it on all night. My pc literally ran for over a month straight with this game. Re-booted it up recently with 2 years left to 3000.
---
#4xpiritflarePosted 4/23/2013 8:08:47 AM
Haha that's crazy. The highest I've gotten to on one park is the 59th year
http://i.imgur.com/fpFEjjG.png

It's pretty much me on a goal to paying off the loan on one of the real park scenarios (my topic about it is still here on this boards first page, it was one year ago)

I suspect that paying off the loan on the last of three that remain will probably take me to year 100 or so.
http://i.imgur.com/Pqr7qgj.png
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
#5Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 11:51:52 AM
xpiritflare posted...
Haha that's crazy. The highest I've gotten to on one park is the 59th year
http://i.imgur.com/fpFEjjG.png

It's pretty much me on a goal to paying off the loan on one of the real park scenarios (my topic about it is still here on this boards first page, it was one year ago)

I suspect that paying off the loan on the last of three that remain will probably take me to year 100 or so.
http://i.imgur.com/Pqr7qgj.png

Saw that and was meanin to ask you, how the hell did you do it? I cant keep that park in the green for nothing!
---
#6xpiritflarePosted 4/24/2013 11:03:28 AM
Yeah it's ridiculous, the loan interest is killer.
Honestly, paying off the first couple of million takes the bulk of the time, it was like that when I was doing Heide Park, the first 30-35 years were so painfully slow. In the end, it just comes down to slowly chipping away at that loan.
---
#7Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 3:05:47 PM
xpiritflare posted...
Yeah it's ridiculous, the loan interest is killer.
Honestly, paying off the first couple of million takes the bulk of the time, it was like that when I was doing Heide Park, the first 30-35 years were so painfully slow. In the end, it just comes down to slowly chipping away at that loan.

Also, how did you keep guests interested in your rides? After a year, most of the smaller rides lose their profits and popularity and all I know to do is lower the pricing, but then that kills the loan payments.
---
#8xpiritflarePosted 5/3/2013 1:55:11 PM
I end up rebuilding them, generally most gentle rides are rebuilt after 5 years, thrill/water/transport- 8-13 years, roller coasters- 13-17 years. I don't bother with a couple of specific rides (with a park with a high entrance fee) because they'll always lose money (eg mini golf), but they're okay to make if the park has free entrance.

Also, I have my umbrellas set to $20, when it rains it's a good chunk of profit.
---
#9Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 6:38:24 PM
xpiritflare posted...
I end up rebuilding them, generally most gentle rides are rebuilt after 5 years, thrill/water/transport- 8-13 years, roller coasters- 13-17 years. I don't bother with a couple of specific rides (with a park with a high entrance fee) because they'll always lose money (eg mini golf), but they're okay to make if the park has free entrance.

Also, I have my umbrellas set to $20, when it rains it's a good chunk of profit.

You can really sell them for that much?
---
#10xpiritflarePosted 5/4/2013 7:36:27 PM
Yep, though the guests will only buy them when it's raining.
---