Can someone help me with the 1.05 patch on Windows 7?

#1thelovebatPosted 6/3/2010 4:35:27 PM
Okay, pretty much I would really like some help patching up Homeworld to version 1.05. I was able to install the game and get it running just fine. I can't wait to start playing it again, especially on a nice monitor and fast computer to handle all those units. The thing is, I would love to have it patched up to fix issues I had with the game when playing it back in the day on an XP computer. I was able to patch up both Homeworld Cataclysm and Homeworld 2 with no problems, however whenever I try and run the 1.05 patch after downloading it I get an error message that reads:

"Patch failed - file devstats.dat not copied to C:\Siierra\Homeworld\devstats.dat"

Is there something that could be causing problems with this not patching up correctly? Any info to help would be appreciated. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell right now, and its 64 bit. Again the game is installed and runs fine but I would just like to get it patched up.
---
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2
#2thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2010 12:23:43 PM
bump
---
#3thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2010 9:19:45 PM
Just another friendly bump, I'd really like it if someone could help me with this. Thanks.
---
#43rdtimearoundPosted 6/13/2010 9:15:46 AM
Possibly a stupid question, but is the file (and folder for that matter) set to read-only?

I tried searching for some info on this but I haven't found any solution yet. I don't know if getting a copy of the patched devstats file would fix it for you or not, but if so, I'd be willing to send you mine.
#5thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2010 12:51:42 PM
I'll have to go ahead and check that then and see if that helps, if not then I'll come back here and let you know what's up.
---
#6thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2010 1:15:16 PM
Hmmm, it was set to read-only earlier, so I went ahead and changed it and turned it off but for some reason the patch still won't install, it gives me the same error message as before. Anything else I should try?
---
#7thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2010 1:21:02 PM
Seems kinda weird, actually whenver I go to properties for the Homeworld folder, even when I select the read only option to turn it off, the next time I go to check it turns back on, lol. Not sure what's happening there.
---
#8Dark_KalicPosted 6/15/2010 4:48:51 PM
Yeah, I've seen windows 7 do that. Win7 has some "protection features" that disallows writing in... program files.. which is where it doesn't install. Maybe it's cause it installs to the root? Try right clicking the patch and telling to run as administrator.
#9thelovebat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 11:05:50 PM
kk, I'll try that. I think I could also try moving the Homeworld root folder out of the C Drive directory and see if I can install the patch then as well. I'll see how it goes.
---
#103rdtimearoundPosted 6/16/2010 7:13:51 AM
Wish I was more familiar with Windows 7, myself.

Couple obvious things, but well, you have to start with the obvious, right? I see that Sierra is misspelled in the quoted path. Not sure if you did a cut and paste or typed that out when you posted. Also is that a copy of the patch file you had used previously (as in, transferred from old pc to new via removable media / direct connection)? Or did you download that from online to your new pc?