Add on car ranking & rating topic!

#1KCarFanaticPosted 8/16/2008 8:01:19 PM
ITT I will rate add on cars I get from nd4spdworld.net.

REVIEWS COMING SOON!
---
Rice Patrol: http://rice-patrol.wetpaint.com/
SPECIAL INTRO OFFER: First four members get mod positions!
#2KCarFanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2008 10:13:42 PM
The ratings sytem is as follows:

1, 2: Ouch
3, 4: EA Quality
5, 6: Uh... OK
7, 8: Nice
9, 10: Awesome

The "Quality" section is how cars are really graded. It has the following sections:

Modeling: how well the car is modeled.
Textures: how well the car is textured.
Other: the nagging details that can make or break a car.

The "Performance" section tells how well the car goes, stops, turns, etc.

Acceleration: how quickly the car reaches its top speed.
Top Speed: how fast the car can go.
Handling: how well the car turns.
Braking: how quickly the car stops
Test 1 (Norwegen 2 laps): how well the car performs in a two lap race at Norwegen (replacement track).
Test 2 (Norwegen Bridge Jump): how well the car jumps the broken bridge at that course. Few cars can pull it off, so it's a good thing that it's an optional side route!
Test 3 (Bergstrasse 1.01 2 laps): how well the car performs in a two lap race on Bergstrasse 1.01 (replacement track).
Test 4 (Autobahn 2 laps): how well the car performs in a two lap race on Autobahn (replacement track).
Test 5 (Empire City 2 laps): how well the car performs in a two lap race on Empire City.
Test 6 (Raceway 2 laps): how well the car performs in a two lap race on Raceway.

For cop cars, the test regimen is composed of the statistical tests and how quickly the cop can arrest a speeder of class-fitting performance in Getaway at each of the above venues (no bridge jump).

Realism tells how similar the car is to its real-life counterpart.

REVIEWS COMING SOON. That probably means tomorrow or the next day as I have to establish baselines (top car in each class by "overall" stat).
---
#3KCarFanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2008 6:41:15 PM
3 and 4 are "Meh" in the Performance section.
---
#4KCarFanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2008 8:02:21 PM
Author: Kayther
Dowload link: http://www.nd4spdworld.com/?section=car&v=4&s=info&id=360

QUALITY

Modeling:

Decently EA quality, including the animated driver. It also has damage which is cool.
Score: 4

Textures:
Textures are also well done, creating a car that looks almost like a real EA creation.
Score: 4

Other:
This car has no upgrades, no custom plate (it's a black on yellow plate reading "MDESIGN"), and no reverse lights. In a time when the ricing community has wasted many, many perfectly good Integras, this thing is a sleeper and an awesome one at that, so you have to respect it for that reason even if that's the only reason.
Score: 5

TOTAL: 13/30

PERFORMANCE

Acceleration:
This thing is blasted FAST, belonging more in class AA or AAA than A.
Score: 9

Top Speed:
Class appropriate, if not a blistering as the car's acceleration. During the Autobahn official test I recorded speeds of up to 159.85 mph, but I believe this thing could go a bit faster if given a flatter track and maybe more time.
Score: 6

Handling:
This car handles decent enough. No real trouble here.
Score: 8

Braking:
Decent enough. I don't get too nitpicky about braking, as long as there's enough.
Score: 8

Test 1 (Norwegen 2 laps):
This car's exemplary speed did little to help it here. At this place, it's all about staying out of trouble especially since AI cars have a tendancy to crash in some places. Its two lap combat time of 4:14.25 was not that much quicker than the Bonus Chevrolet Camaro, my benchmark in class A, which returned a time of 4:16.43. Still, the car performed admirably and I like it.

Test 2 (Norwegen Bridge Jump):
This car is an amazing bridge jumper. It returned good jumps both in the prelimenary drive and in the actual test. It flips, however, although it at least lands on its wheels. It also flips on its descent from the bridge due to highly uneven ground, but then any car does that.
Score: 10

Test 3 (Bergstrasse 1.01 2 laps):
This cars two lap combat time of 3:01.43 is comfortably better that the Bonus Camaro which ran a time of 3:23.96. A couple of nice shorcuts coupled with this car's awesome power helped dust the competition (which I almost always do at this track anyway), and since I beat the lap record I set in a Ferrari F50 I think it's safe to say that the Integra aced this test.

Test 4 (Autobahn 2 laps):
The enemies are idiots on this track, so it's quite an easy one if you know what to do and expect. The Integra returned a two lap combat time of 3:45.09, while the Bonus Camaro ran 3:58.56.

Test 5 (Empire City 2 laps):
The Integra ran 3:56.12 here missing the first shortcut on the first lap, faster than the EA F50 no foolin'! The Bonus Camaro ran 4:17.43. If you have some friends over and want to try some "shock and awe" on this track, the Integra is the right car for the job!

Test 6 (Raceway 2 laps):
This is the final leg of the gauntlet and as such is appropriately hard. The Integra made relatively short work of this normally toturous track with a two lap combat time of 2:58.18. The Bonus Camaro ran 3:14.93.

TOTAL: 89/100

REALISM

I do not think that Kayther wanted realism, and realism is not what came out. What came out is a fun and useful car that won't need a high-poly patch to be used.
Score: 3

TOTAL: 3/10

TOTAL CAR SCORE: 105/130
---