Running this in windowed mode?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Planescape: Torment
  3. Running this in windowed mode?

User Info: GospelDELUX

GospelDELUX
9 years ago#1
Apparently I would have to run my desktop on 16-bit colour or lose movies and other random stuff. Is there a way around this limitation?

User Info: reverse_adonis

reverse_adonis
9 years ago#2
Impossible to using just the game itself. If you look for any topic by SKARDAVALANTE, he has a great fix pack, and the windowed mode is one of his fixes.
"Welcome, Stranger" : "What are ya buyin?" : "Come back anytime..." -- The Merchant, RE4

User Info: SKARDAVNELNATE

SKARDAVNELNATE
9 years ago#3
I have not fixed the windowed mode. I suggested using windowed mode to fix the problem with spell animations.
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.

GospelDELUX
9 years ago#4
Yeah, I was going to post about how windowed mode wasn't mentioned in the comments, but a great fix pack nonetheless. However, I'm afraid I don't comprehend your latest bit of. advice

SKARDAVNELNATE
9 years ago#5
Which part is that? I'll see if I can make it more clear.

GospelDELUX
9 years ago#6
What do you mean "using windowed mode to fix the problem with spell animations" if there is only the crappy version of windowed mode? Or is there a problem with spell animations that is fixed by the aforementioned crappy windowed mode? Anyway, as long as the game supports alt-tab properly, I guess I'll get by.

SKARDAVNELNATE
9 years ago#7
The spell animations don't display properly with current video drivers. When hardware acceleration is lowered the animations appear correctly but the pointer leaves a trail. I noticed that the animations appear correctly in windowed mode as well except with a smaller display.

I haven't noticed anything wrong with windowed mode. And I don't know what you meant by fix it.
  1. Boards
  2. Planescape: Torment
  3. Running this in windowed mode?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived