Running this in windowed mode?

#1GospelDELUXPosted 1/11/2008 9:54:23 PM
Apparently I would have to run my desktop on 16-bit colour or lose movies and other random stuff. Is there a way around this limitation?
#2reverse_adonisPosted 1/13/2008 10:09:57 AM
Impossible to using just the game itself. If you look for any topic by SKARDAVALANTE, he has a great fix pack, and the windowed mode is one of his fixes.
---
"Welcome, Stranger" : "What are ya buyin?" : "Come back anytime..." -- The Merchant, RE4
#3SKARDAVNELNATEPosted 1/13/2008 3:36:20 PM
I have not fixed the windowed mode. I suggested using windowed mode to fix the problem with spell animations.
---
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
#4GospelDELUX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2008 2:12:26 PM
Yeah, I was going to post about how windowed mode wasn't mentioned in the comments, but a great fix pack nonetheless. However, I'm afraid I don't comprehend your latest bit of. advice
#5SKARDAVNELNATEPosted 1/14/2008 10:26:19 PM
Which part is that? I'll see if I can make it more clear.
---
#6GospelDELUX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2008 5:41:09 PM
What do you mean "using windowed mode to fix the problem with spell animations" if there is only the crappy version of windowed mode? Or is there a problem with spell animations that is fixed by the aforementioned crappy windowed mode? Anyway, as long as the game supports alt-tab properly, I guess I'll get by.
#7SKARDAVNELNATEPosted 1/15/2008 11:20:18 PM
The spell animations don't display properly with current video drivers. When hardware acceleration is lowered the animations appear correctly but the pointer leaves a trail. I noticed that the animations appear correctly in windowed mode as well except with a smaller display.

I haven't noticed anything wrong with windowed mode. And I don't know what you meant by fix it.

---