What are the mandatory fights? [SPOILERS]

#1StarlightAdeptPosted 12/23/2008 9:28:02 PM
[seriously, SPOILERS. Go away if you haven't beaten the game]

Anyway, I've heard from a lot of places that there's exactly four fights in the game that you have to actually finish by killing someone - everything else is either able to be skipped by not being part of the mandatory plot (sidequests), or you can talk your way out of it, stealth past it, or just run away from it. The problem is that I can only think of one fight you can't skip: Trias, in Carceri.

What other fights in the main plot are completely impossible to finish except by killing someone?
---
Can you see a vampire through a one-way mirror?
#2QwinnPosted 12/23/2008 9:33:04 PM
The zombie in the very first room in the mortuary that you need to kill for the key.

Ravel.

Trias.

And I actually think that's it. I've always heard that it's 3, not 4, but perhaps I'm missing one.

There's a guard in the Curst Prison who has a key that I'm pretty sure you -have- to get to open the inner ring and get Trias's sword, but I'm betting you can probably pickpocket it.

Qwinn
#3SKARDAVNELNATEPosted 12/23/2008 10:29:40 PM
You forget one of your companions.
---
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
#4StarlightAdept(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2008 9:08:20 AM
Do you mean Ignus? Does he really show up in the endgame even if you haven't freed him?
---
#5SKARDAVNELNATEPosted 12/24/2008 11:27:32 AM
Ignus or Vhailor, depending on your alignment. Vhailor appears if you're evil. Even if they are still trapped or were dead when you last saw them. TTO frees them, revives them, summons them, whatever that cut scene can be interpreted as.
---
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
#6StarlightAdept(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2008 8:00:07 PM
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks everyone. I might go for a no-kills game, not counting those four, the next time I play Torment.

Or maybe a run as evil...
---