Bone Charm?

#1dbish5Posted 10/28/2012 11:15:48 AM
I just started playing the game and I am attempting to exit the Mortuary through the portal. I've spoken with Deionarra as well as Vaxis. I know that I need the Bone Charm as a key to open the portal. I also know that it is in the locked cabinet in the North end of the third floor. I also know that you are supposed to use the prybar to attack the cabinet to open it. However, it does not work. I tried for over ten minutes, but every time it just says "bash failed." I've tried quitting the game and reloading, leaving the floor and coming back, and every other weapon I have, but nothing will open the cabinet. Anyone else have this problem and fix it? Or is it possible that I'm missing something? I was really liking the game's writing, but not being able to progress is driving me nuts!

Thanks.
#2rhemorigherPosted 10/28/2012 7:28:43 PM
Why don't you try leaving through the front door? It's the only way I've ever left to be honest so I don't know if there is a particular benefit to the portal out.
---
The madness of being normal explains the rationality of going crazy
Life is measured not by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away
#3TheLostOnePosted 11/4/2012 7:47:18 AM
Are you using Qwinn's mods? The prybar didn't have an affect on your chance to bash a lock before his tweaks.

He also made some locks harder to bash so if you are using his mods that may be why you can't open it.

You get some gold and a note at the portal exit, but you can still go out the front door. Talk to one of the named dustmen on the first floor.
---
If you lose your job, your marriage and your mind all in one week, try to lose your mind first, because then the other stuff won't matter that much.