Corrupted saves?

#1hippybutterflyPosted 6/22/2011 12:39:52 AM
I just started playing this game recently and am really enjoying it so far, but I've run into a problem since I added some new portrait and face packs. I'm guessing this is my problem, since I didn't have any problems before adding new CC. The old game I have saved before adding the portraits and override face pack still loads fine, but when I start a new character and save it, when I try to reload the new save game, the game crashes. I haven't had any crashes prior to adding the new faces and portraits. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and is there some kind of fix for it, or will I be stuck with the default portraits and faces (which I really don't care for)?
Thanks in advance for any help.
#2dark lancerPosted 6/22/2011 10:24:10 AM
You probably added way too many portraits. It can really slow down the portrait selection screen, if not crash it.
---
Think.
[Papal Crusaders]
#3hippybutterfly(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 12:27:04 PM
I did add about a hundred or so portraits (which totals over 400 files in the portrait folder, with 4 different sizes for each). I guess I'll remove most of those, then, and just keep the ones I like best. Hopefully that will help. Thanks!
#4hippybutterfly(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2011 1:02:00 AM
I guess you were right about the portraits. The bad part is, I had to get rid of all the custom portraits to get new games to save and load. I tried getting rid of about 3/4 of them and still had the same problem, so I tried only using one and it still didn't work, so I guess I'm stuck using default portraits for now. Thanks for your help!
#5dark lancerPosted 6/23/2011 12:00:44 PM
Just put only the ones you want to use in your portraits file.
---
Think.
[Papal Crusaders]