What to do with the Shattered Mirror?

#1SquareFanaticPosted 4/13/2008 12:51:19 PM
So once you have the mirror, what did you do with it? Gave it to the Seer? The Illithids? Or kept it as an artifact for casting spells like True Seeing, Ethereal Visage, and such?

I am curious what everyone feels is the best benefit for it. I have never given it up to the Illithids, but I am curious if it is really that big a difference both to the ending and to the battle against the forces of the Valsharess.

---
"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions." -Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#2red255Posted 4/13/2008 1:17:50 PM
...Basically it means they don't attack you in that battle in the mop up stage, but during the dialog of the ending they basically rule the underdark, can't remember if they take over the surface world.

Don't think you get much for giving to the Seer except to resolve the Ilthid plot path or maybe some XP.... Yeah Don't think you get much for giving it away unless you want forgiveness for doing evil.
---
"I'm allergic to crap -Solo blade
Does your ass burst into rashes everytime you poop?" -Alfran
#3SquareFanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2008 1:38:12 PM
7500 XP for giving it to the Illithids... 1000 for giving it to the Seer. Seems like giving it to the Illithids is the better path, but the ending gets screwed. Darn. Does anyone recall any bonuses gained for fighting the Illithids in the mop up stage?

---
"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions." -Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#4nikkialPosted 4/13/2008 3:31:24 PM
I usually give the Mirror to the Seer.... I don't recall there being any difference in the mop up stage, except that you'd fight the Illithid.
---
"I am fine. I have a sudden urge to kill everyone & everything about me, but that's nothing new..." Valen Shadowbreath
#5Southe05Posted 4/13/2008 4:01:08 PM
you can give it to the illithids for that sweet 7500 exp hit,
THEN turn right around and kill the brain for another hit of experience (2k twice, i think), and wipe out everything in the illithid den just for good measure
---
the good news: finally got my high end supercomputer
the bad news: NOTHING WORKS ON IT
#6Go4BamsemumsPosted 4/13/2008 5:48:20 PM
Give it to the Seer.

It nearly ruined my game in the end (after i gave it to the Illithids) to hear that the Seer and he people were nearly extinct because of it.

I always give it back to her. Kept it for myself once, but i never used it.
---
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z113/BobCB/1183090011696cy2.jpg
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9756/go4bamsemumscz6.png
#7Phelan_PatrickPosted 4/13/2008 8:20:33 PM
isnt there an alignment shift to good if you give it to the seer?

and though i have never given the mirror to the illithids i sort of remember getting a message when the illithids attacked the sear's city that they betrayed or did not keep the agreement. That's why i never even tried giving it to the flayers on subsequent play through because i always thought that they'd go back on their word.
---
I see you have constructed a new lightsabre. Your skills are complete, indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen.
#8Southe05Posted 4/14/2008 7:12:25 AM
i don't know how it affects the plot of the story
BUT
it does directly effect the epic battle
during the epic battle, there is a wave of illitid from the south that you don't get if you strike the devils deal and stick with it
i never liked the illithids so i usually give them the mirror for the massive EXP hit then wipe out their little city
and then wipe out their little wave of invaders during the battle.

maybe this game is too easy.
---
the good news: finally got my high end supercomputer
the bad news: NOTHING WORKS ON IT