Romance options for HotU... [spoilers obviously]

#1RotschreckPosted 3/12/2009 1:24:30 PM
Ok, I'm walking down the hallway and I have Sharwyn in my group. All of a sudden, she asks me if I'm interested in her... Pardon?!?!

I checked the nwvault files and they write that there are only 3 romance option for HotU:
Nathyrra (female dark-elf rogue/wizard) for males.
Aribeth (female half-elf paladin/blackguard) for males.
Valen Shadowbreath (male tiefling fighter/weapon master) for females.

I tweaked the Infernal Warrior epic build from the NWN site to make him playable in single player modules because I had read that Aribeth was a romance option and I wanted to try it out and do the evil ending. >:)

... so what's the deal with Sharwyn?
... does starting a romance with Sharwyn (if there is one) end the option of having a romance with Nathyrra or Aribeth?
... does having a romance with Nathyrra end the option of having a romance with Aribeth?

Your input on the matter is very much welcome.
#2ChaosArbiterPosted 3/12/2009 4:13:11 PM
Dunno, as I didn't really notice those things ... but according to the Wiki, Daelan is also a potential romance if you're a female.
---
He's got jaws like a saber-tithed tooger. Soober-toothed teegar. The goddamned growly things with the fangs.
~ Garret, Bitter Gold Hearts
#3Rotschreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2009 5:52:16 PM
I think they're referring to the OC, not HotU.
I did female rogue and didn't take any party members throughout the game, so I can't say for sure. But it looks like Vaelen is the only romance in HotU for females anyway. Anyway, perhaps I wasn't clear.

I'm currently playing a -male- Infernal Warrior (fighter/paladin/blackguard), and so I just want to know about Sharwyn. :) I've read enough to realize that Linu has nothing, and if I have Sharwyn and Daelen in my party (and I assume I turn her down), Sharwyn puts the moves on the half-orc. I've done more research since posting this and it seems, thought I can't confirm, that the only romance Sharwyn provides is the small conversation where she asks if I'm interested. Nothing happens after... ever. *shrugs* Aw well.

If anyone has info about this that I do not, please share.
---
It's pronounced -rogue- not -rouge-. Yes, I disable traps. No, I do -not- leave a red mark on your husband's collar.
#4hunter71485Posted 3/12/2009 6:23:46 PM
ALL henchmen in HotU chapter 1 are potential romance options (for their respective genders). But the Mad Wizard makes you go against the Valsharess...

Incidentally, the Valsharess is too. Did anyone know she can remove the geas on your soul cast by Halaster? You could become lovers, but then Mephistopeles intervenes... Which is sad.

Now, on to chapter 3. If you've already made Nathyrra go crazy about you she'd be verbally protective against Aribeth. Jealousy?
---
Spinda's face is like a train-wreck; it's horrible, yet you simply can't look away ~spinda moveset guide on smogon
#5ChocolatlPosted 3/12/2009 8:31:55 PM
The only henchmen you can take into Chapter 2 are Deekin and Nathyrra. (Nathyrra is coming whether you want her or not.) So any romance with any other character will be cut off at that point.
#6Rotschreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2009 5:29:24 AM
@ Hunter: Wait. What? You're pulling my leg with the Valsharess thing, right? Nix that. Just did some research and it's apparently true. Ok.. So I just side with her instead of the rebels and she hits on me? Woot!

I'll have to see about the romance with Linu later too. Even if it doesn't lead anywhere, I'm sure my shifter wouldn't mind. :)
---
It's pronounced -rogue- not -rouge-. Yes, I disable traps. No, I do -not- leave a red mark on your husband's collar.
#7ChocolatlPosted 3/13/2009 8:19:53 AM
In Chapter 3, as I understand it, you can romance both Nathyrra and Aribeth at the same time.
#8hunter71485Posted 3/13/2009 8:23:00 AM
No, you can't. Aribeth will be like a close friend, but the epilogue will still pick Nathyrra. Now, if you didn't humor Nathyrra before getting Aribeth, then it's a different story...
---
Spinda's face is like a train-wreck; it's horrible, yet you simply can't look away ~spinda moveset guide on smogon