cant update the game.

#1kljsdfgjosPosted 10/28/2009 8:03:36 PM
i just installed the game and it wont let me update it. it says

"Can not find patch file: nwn_x12_english_from1668074_to1698109.zip
Get the critical rebuild.
http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_english_hotu.html#crit
The patch has been aborted"
#2kljsdfgjos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2009 8:11:12 PM
i also cant even play the game on windows 7...

it says the program is blocked due to compatibility issues. can any help with that?
#3ChaosArbiterPosted 10/28/2009 10:01:08 PM
"Can not find patch file: nwn_x12_english_from1668074_to1698109.zip
Get the critical rebuild.
http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_english_hotu.html#crit
The patch has been aborted"

Well, the obvious answer to this is to get the Critical Rebuild patch from the site - the download will patch the game up to 1.69. That should also let you play the game, as it's not compatible with Vista (or, presumably, Windows 7) and requires the 1.69 patch to run on Vista.
---
Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living. ~ Duiker
#4booginPosted 10/29/2009 4:50:42 AM

kljsdfgjos posted...
i also cant even play the game on windows 7...

it says the program is blocked due to compatibility issues. can any help with that?

Ok after you get the critical rebuild, you may have to right click on the Neverwinter icon and select run as adinistrator. I have windows 7 and that worked for me. Good Luck and Good Gaming!

#5ChaosArbiterPosted 10/31/2009 7:05:54 AM
select run as adinistrator. I have windows 7 and that worked for me

Being the only account on mine, after upgrading to 7 and having it not work, I didn't try this, but using Compatibility mode (XP Service Pack 2, IIRC) it did work.
---
Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living. ~ Duiker
#6booginPosted 10/31/2009 8:06:03 AM

ChaosArbiter posted...
select run as adinistrator. I have windows 7 and that worked for me

Being the only account on mine, after upgrading to 7 and having it not work, I didn't try this, but using Compatibility mode (XP Service Pack 2, IIRC) it did work.
---

I am happy it worked for you, but in the future if you have the same type of problem try the right click run as aaadmin. even if you are the only one on the computer. That is the way my computer works and I am the only one using it, must be part of the security of Win7, that some have to do that and others don't? Now I am waiting for Dragon Age Origins to see if I will have any problems running that one HAHAHA. Hope that you enjoy Neverwinter it is really a great game and replay is very good also.