How do I install the CEP

#1kwong0028Posted 7/9/2010 3:09:39 PM
I just got NWN and its 2 expansions, haven't even played the campaign yet. I read that I should really install the CEP because it adds much more awesome content. But having never ever done anything similar to modding, I have no idea what to do.

All I did was download and extract the CEP 2.3 from bioware. There was a bunch of folders like dmvault, hak, tlk, modules, and such and I have no idea what to do with them. I was hoping for an exe to do the work for me(because I'm a noob) I found a shortcut called CEP_update. It opened the command prompt, but said I must run it from my NWN directory. I'm soo confused. Do I move all the files I extracted into my main NWN folder? But when I tried that they said I had to override some files. I was tooooo scared.... so I'm turning to the forum for help.

THANKS! Can't wait to play this awesome game!
#2dark lancerPosted 7/9/2010 5:04:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3dark lancerPosted 7/9/2010 5:10:04 PM
I never got CEP 2.3 (in fact I deleted all of the CEP files on my computer), but I believe you need to download CEP_23_Full_C.7z from http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.detail&id=7849 and run it with 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) since that download is a .7z file.

If the file needs to be in the directory to be unzipped, just put it in C:\neverwinternights\nwn or wherever you have it installed. It should just work on its own, though. If you just get files that need to be put in the proper places, .hak go in the hak file, .tlk go in the tlk folder, and so on. The folders will be in that \nwn\ directory.

Don't expect to be able to run the original campaign and see all kinds of new things, though. You'll only see a difference on modules which require CEP and have CEP content.
---
Boycott Hollywood.
[Papal Crusaders] Dissent is not intolerance.
#4kwong0028(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2010 6:40:35 PM
dark I tried putting all the extracted files into my NWN directory, which I'm guessing is akin to extracting the zip from the directory, but they asked me to override existing files... should I?
#5dark lancerPosted 7/9/2010 6:47:09 PM
It sounds like you already have identical files in your /nwn/ directory. You should already have folders named erf, hak, and tlk, and the files with matching extensions should go in the appropriate folders.
---
Boycott Hollywood.
[Papal Crusaders] Dissent is not intolerance.