Graphics question **PLZ READ**

#1Ronson_6Posted 7/28/2010 7:30:12 PM
First off, i know little to nothing about video cards, ram and whatnot as i'm more of a console gamer and never had the chance or the money to get a gaming PC. Anyways, i just purchased a PC from work today and i'd like to know if i can run this game on full settings. I'm using the diamond edition of this game if that makes any difference whatsoever. I do have a LOT of high end stuff on my pc but i'm just checking to be safe lol.

anyways my specs are:
Dell XPS 8100
2.9 GHz(might be faster but i forgot as i havent picked it up yet) i7 processor
8GBs of ram
1GB ATI Radeon HD 5750 video card
windows 7 home (being upgraded to windows 7 pro)

Apparently this seemed like a great deal for me as most of the guys i worked with want this exact PC that i purchased. Can someone tell me if i can run this game on ful graphics with this? or at least would i be able to get close?

Thanks in advance and go easy on me as i'm VERY new to PC gaming lol.
---
What are you looking down here for? My post is up there.
#2hunter71485Posted 7/28/2010 8:05:19 PM
You can run this game AND hundreds of other games.
#3red255Posted 7/28/2010 9:58:44 PM
wrong board?
Game is like what 8 years old?
that card from what I recall of Radeon will meet recommended specs for pretty much any game.

Course when you get into games that are old you run into compatability issues.
Like for instance the I7 is a quad core. older games have problems with quad cores cuz they screw up sometimes. Probably not an issue here, just making examples.

rig like that would be for playing something new like starcraft 2 or something. whats the new graphics hog game?

Guessing you meant to post this there?
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#4Smokey85Posted 7/29/2010 10:45:48 AM
Since he references having the diamond edition I assume he meant either this game or the sequel.

To which yes, you can play both of these games.
#5red255Posted 7/30/2010 6:57:39 AM
There was an issue with certain nvidia drivers causing the game's title page to display as black for whatever reason for some time.

updating the drivers got rid of the problem. only problem I ever had with NWN on a higher that required settings computer.

Oh and people complain they are getting 'low' framerates just how the game runs.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#6CutterDeBlancPosted 7/30/2010 5:05:54 PM
I have a computer that can totally run this, but I still have to fiddle with the graphic quality options everytime I start or it slows down to all hell and gets unresponsive. Once I move the slider once (e.g. from good to best, best to good, ect) it runs fine.

---
No habla espaņol.
#7Ronson_6(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2010 5:12:25 PM
Well like i said before, i know little to nothing about video cards and computer lingo. I know how to fix things that go wrong with computers but not exactly that much about specs and all that.

You all have answered my questions though =D Thank you all again
---
What are you looking down here for? My post is up there.