Fungi Forest: Second Rabbit Race question

#1avengahPosted 5/17/2010 8:08:54 AM
Is the second Rabbit Race in Fungi Forest even possible if the rabbit doesn't get stuck on the Kasplat in the tunnel? I was wondering this last time, because I never normally have too much trouble with it - it usually takes me a few tries but I always get there pretty quickly. However, last time, the rabbit never got stuck on the enemy and I just couldn't do it. Finally, it did get stuck and I beat it easily. Also, the bad camera angle coming back from the entrance bit doesn't help; I just run the way I think I should be running and wait for the camera to fix itself.
---
PETITION: Split UK Gamers from Europe - to Nintendo
http://www.petitiononline.com/ukgamers/petition.html
#2shadyfreak24Posted 5/17/2010 9:31:49 AM
The trick is to start the race, but instead of jumping in the Lanky barrel, just stand under it and let him win. After he wins just sit through his victory speech. (DON'T skip it or speed it up or else it won't work,) After he's done talking you have a few seconds before the "try again" pops up. Count to 2 and then jump in the barrel so that you're in the middle of the transformation when the game asks you to try again. If you do this correctly, you're already in sprint mode at the start of the race and you can kick his ass easily
---
who gives a ****
#3Superlnfinity36Posted 5/17/2010 10:36:22 AM
Avengah? Even you have trouble with this?

It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo eeeeeeassyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I think I got it after 2-5 tries the first time I ever tried it.

---
if work is... a rigid rule, then I may be the worst of idlers. Every effort of compulsion demands a sacrifice of life-energy. - Nikola Tesla.
#4avengah(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2010 6:42:01 PM
I don't normally have trouble with it (especially on my real PAL N64), but last time I played through the game on my PC, it took me a few tries. I only ended up beating him when he got caught on the Kasplat. I wonder if the PAL version might be slightly easier.

I was only asking to see if others had similar experiences. So, without using any tricks such as timing the barrel or anything, is it possible to beat the rabbit if it doesn't get caught on an enemy?
---
#5shadyfreak24Posted 5/19/2010 5:51:07 AM
^From my experience, the answer to that is no. I always use the barrel trick. It's the only way i can beat the damn thing.
---
who gives a ****
#6Superlnfinity36Posted 5/20/2010 6:31:35 AM
Now that you mention it avengah, I have had suspicions over the PAL version being much different in terms of difficulty in certain areas before. Particularly Diddy's golden banana in the hut in crystal caves is almost literally and mathematically impossible in the PAL version while on here it doesn't seem to be thought of as that different. It depends on how they're clocked, for some games like Mario Kart everything was slowed down (except the clock). But for most high-budget games thing were "sped up" in the game to achieve the same experience as on NTSC, it's just that the speeding up and syncing doesn't always work to an exact degree. Sometimes it appears to work exactly for some reason, like in Goldeneye, but other times there are problems with it, maybe because of how it's coed.

For emulation I use the PAL version as well as PAL is always meant to be a little easier to emulate with these consoles.... although now that you mention it and I have a faster PC maybe I should try NTSC as characters etc. maybe can move a little faster on it, I don't know.

---
if work is... a rigid rule, then I may be the worst of idlers. Every effort of compulsion demands a sacrifice of life-energy. - Nikola Tesla.
#7avengah(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2010 1:14:36 PM
I never noticed any difference with Diddy's GB in the Caves hut. However, I might do it differently than you, maybe.

What I do is get into the jetpack and shoot one of the Kritters, and land on its platform, then throw 2 or 3 oranges to the middle platform, killing the nearest and the furthest Klobber. Then, I get back in the jetpack, kill the other Kritter and land on its platform, then orange the other two Klobbers that are in a straight line in front of me. Then I jump (or jet) over to the middle and quickly orange the two Klumps if they're still alive (sometimes oranges bounce right over from the other corners and kill them). With this method, I've never had to take too many tries.
---