Which guards are the hardest to knock out or sneak by?

#1Psycho_PoodlePosted 10/2/2011 1:17:14 PM
One guard that stands out is the archer patrolling the outside courtyard in the first mission. Try knocking him out without a flash bomb... its very hard. Not only is the courtyard brightly illuminated, but the stone flooring makes alot of noise when you walk on it. The loot in the couryard is quite hard to get without a confrontation.
---
Jaime Lannister sends his regards.
#2TazmanianDPosted 10/2/2011 8:19:38 PM

I don't usually find that one all that tough. I think there's one point where the guard gets fairly close to the grass on his patrol and you can dart out and club him before he's alerted. It does take a few tries.

Now isn't there a guard in the cellar who's standing in an alcove with a light behind him? I have no idea how you can knock him out without a flashbomb or alerting him first. I would say he's the hardest.

And then there are a handful of guards in the game with metal helmets you can't knock out with your blackjack. I hate those guys.

#3Psycho_Poodle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2011 9:02:38 PM
And then there are a handful of guards in the game with metal helmets you can't knock out with your blackjack. I hate those guys.

Yeah the one you encounter when escaping from Garrett's apartment to Shalebridge. Not only does he have the helmet but theres a female guard accompanying him. Noisemaker arrow + Invisibility potion are your best bet, though there may be a better way around them...
---
Jaime Lannister sends his regards.
#4Captain45452Posted 10/21/2011 11:11:11 AM
I don't think I've ever had to use an invisibility potion in this game. I did have to do a lot of flash bombing for the harder guards, though.
#5deadly virusPosted 10/31/2011 3:01:49 PM
or if you don't feel like wasting Flashbombs, jump up and down (or just make any noise in general) in a dark spot where the guard can hear. Lean forward and give him a wack on the nose.

Speaking of those helmet guards, there's one in the 3rd level. I think he's only there on expert. Funny thing about him is you can push him into the moat around the station and he won't drown. I guess that helmet gives him gills
---
"No one's piss is like yours DV. You're special." -lonewulf
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
#6Captain45452Posted 10/31/2011 3:13:14 PM
That reminds me of the first time I accidentally burned someone to death. I just grabbed a body and dropped it out of the way. The scream scared me :(