Alaron as a Bow/Magic User

#11LoneSoldierPosted 8/16/2012 3:24:59 PM
dex is important for all weapon types... it grants accuracy as well as determines how many "turns" you get in a round of combat...

"Warrior" helps with all weapon types too...

remember that the individual weapon skills (sword, thrown, missile, etc...) will upgrade themselves given time (as long as you use the weapon type) ...so save yourself some points and raise the other stuff first

read my FAQ for more info...lol
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---
#12triaxx2Posted 8/17/2012 4:18:27 AM
I once took a walk from Gwernia to Talewok early in the game with just Alaron. Couldn't get in naturally, but by the time I got there, I'd gotten to Hafted 3.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#13Foxhound3857Posted 8/18/2012 10:01:10 AM
Alaron starts at Sword 3 at the beginning, so I gave him Traherns Sword for the journey to Erromon, and Abrecan a Great Axe. Both of them ended up having Sword/Hafted at 5 by the time I reached Erromon.

I give Abrecan Hafted in the beginning because axes generally have higher to-hit with reasonable damage. Once I get out of Erromon I give him the Mace of Glory, while Alaron gets Lodin's Sword, and Rheda gets Warfang.
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#14TheNicoChanPosted 9/17/2012 8:27:47 PM
While I find that Alaron as a sword/mage is the most common and easiest set-up, I think heís one of the better bow users in the game. While he starts out kind of rough, using a bow can help with his starting low Dex. Itís easy to play him as more of a support-type character early on with the bow and Air Shield/Strength combo. And the Heartseeker Bow is pretty awesome.

Late-game his damage will usually be behind the physical units, but heíll be able to stay away from combat and use his magic (Hallo, Fireball!) to completely destroy enemies. Hell, with Teleportation he could literally never be physically hit in combat if he keeps his distance with a bow and warps away when the enemy gets in close. Itís certainly doable, and it can be fun if youíve got a sword heavy party IMO.
---
"Kingdom's shall rise and decay;
But I shall always exist."
#15LePhenomPosted 9/20/2012 8:22:59 PM(edited)
Why is it that I keep thinking about this game all the time... did only 1 playthrough and haven't played in 7 years. I mean, yeah I know it's because I like the game, but there's so many games I enjoyed a lot out there, why is this one in particular the one that does that. lol

Also, yeah my Alaron was a sword/mage combination. Pretty typical I guess.
#16Foxhound3857Posted 10/1/2012 7:32:59 PM
Dark Souls has my heart right now.
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#17LePhenomPosted 10/7/2012 5:54:10 PM
I made a personal top 25 favourite games of all time (only one game per series permitted), and Aidyn Chronicles ranked 9th.

How much do you guys like it? It is also in your top games?
#18triaxx2Posted 10/9/2012 7:08:28 PM
6th or 7th, perhaps. It's got some serious contenders in with Skyrim, Total Annihilation, X3 Terran Conflict.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#19TerrisUSPosted 10/23/2012 6:36:53 PM
19th for me (although I really should get around to re-doing my top games list, since it's rather out of date). But then, I didn't worry about only having one game per series, and so there are plenty of occurrences of multiple games in a series throughout my list.
#20misterbumPosted 10/26/2012 7:31:30 PM
Good game.
---
You became the boss. You are great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jA7nRwQp_E