Just finished the game

#1aspinelessmindPosted 3/20/2013 2:48:21 PM
I am soooo proud to say I FINALLY FINISHED AIDYN CHRONICLES! I've honestly wanted to beat this since I pre-ordered it at a gamestop back in late 2000. What a great and at times controller breaking experience. I strongly recommend that if you own the original cartridge, and want to beat this game while saving a lot of frustration, download and play the rom version. This is legal as long as you own the physical copy of the game. I cannot stress enough how much more convenient this was. I'm sure theres still small clusters of die hard fans that will continue to play. I for one, will probably never play this ever again. So long, Alaron!

Oh yeah, I thought it was hilarious that the last boss dropped 3 Spice and 8484 gold. Yep, like im gonna need those after that!
#2AquatakatPosted 3/24/2013 7:08:42 PM
This is legal as long as you own the physical copy of the game.

Nope.
---
http://youtube.com/aquatakatii
"Windows 7 is, in many ways, the least annoying upgrade Microsoft has ever shipped."
#3LePhenomPosted 3/26/2013 3:34:41 PM
Congratulations!! ;D

But I don't get why the rom version would be less frustrating.
#4Golden NirvanaPosted 4/2/2013 12:53:52 PM
LePhenom posted...
Congratulations!! ;D

But I don't get why the rom version would be less frustrating.

My guess would be save states, but I don't know.
---
http://i.imgur.com/a6rYR.gif
TANSTAAFL
#5aspinelessmind(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 5:00:45 PM
Nintendo of America states that any rom is illegal, so the rumors I've heard are false. However, if I paid 59.99$ for this game back in the day, I have no worries whatsoever about playing it on an emulator. The save states, alone made Aidyn Chronicles convenient to play. Not to mention the practically infinite gold (patched into the rom). RIP THQ
#6LePhenomPosted 4/5/2013 3:41:45 PM
Or rather, RIP H2O, the dev of the game. They died not long after completing the game.
#7triaxx2Posted 4/6/2013 8:18:50 PM
No point in patching in infinite gold. Make curing potions, sell, buy ingredients repeat. In a few minutes you can be rich enough to buy one of everything and still have money left.

Of course, if you're so inclined, it's relatively simple to cannibalize an N64 and create a socket so you can play on an emulator using the cartridge itself. Not easy, but not insanely difficult.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#8Baramos222Posted 4/27/2013 8:09:49 PM
I too bought this game (was it $60? Seems like it was, indeed) brand new when it first came out. Played it the whole way through, loved the world and enemy designs (I think it still ranks up there for unique and interesting enemy designs--only some of the Elder Scrolls game top it, in my opinion). It was hard to get started in the game but once you figured out how to play it was quite fun.

Now for some reason I see it is apparently despised and hated. On the flip side, you can buy it on eBay for 6 bucks or something.
#9Ezekiel_KainePosted 4/29/2013 2:39:50 PM
I remember wanting to buy this game at GameStop and the guy talked me out of it because of the GameInformer score of .5. I dont remember what i got instead that day but i do remember taking it back and getting the game i wanted and still love to this day. The mechanics of this game were simple yet the storyline got me from the start, something i found Elder Scrolls always had quite the opposite. Not to mention i am a huge fan of Turn Based RPGs, something else i preferred about Aidyn. I remember my first time beating this game and i immediately started over, what other games can i say that about? Halo? The only 2 that come to mind atm.
#10LoneSoldierPosted 4/29/2013 4:18:22 PM
LePhenom posted...
Or rather, RIP H2O, the dev of the game. They died not long after completing the game.

technically they died before they finished the game...
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---