Just finished the game

#11LePhenomPosted 4/30/2013 6:24:32 PM(edited)
LoneSoldier posted...
LePhenom posted...
Or rather, RIP H2O, the dev of the game. They died not long after completing the game.

technically they died before they finished the game...

Oh, that's a shame.. oh yeah that's why there's almost no NPC in the last town and it feels empty... Nothing to do in houses, etc.

And if I remember correctly, they had no time to fix the bug with a reviving item that they removed instead.
#12triaxx2Posted 4/30/2013 8:27:32 PM
I had the same experience with the .5 score, except it was at Funcoland. So instead I ended up with Diddy Kong Racing, which is also one of my favorite 64 games. I got Aidyn elsewhere, so it worked out alright.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#13XKaliburPosted 5/3/2013 1:24:25 PM
aspinelessmind posted...
Nintendo of America states that any rom is illegal, so the rumors I've heard are false. However, if I paid 59.99$ for this game back in the day, I have no worries whatsoever about playing it on an emulator. The save states, alone made Aidyn Chronicles convenient to play. Not to mention the practically infinite gold (patched into the rom). RIP THQ

NoA also tried to due Galoob for the Game Genie because it allowed the end user to mess with the game. Important legal time - once you own it you can do whatever you want with it. You want to hack it? Beat it with a hammer? Upload it into a digital format to be used by an emulator on your PC? All fair game.
---
This has been Fisting 101 with Bastard Poetry.
#14LoneSoldierPosted 5/3/2013 3:29:33 PM
XKalibur posted...
aspinelessmind posted...
Nintendo of America states that any rom is illegal, so the rumors I've heard are false. However, if I paid 59.99$ for this game back in the day, I have no worries whatsoever about playing it on an emulator. The save states, alone made Aidyn Chronicles convenient to play. Not to mention the practically infinite gold (patched into the rom). RIP THQ

NoA also tried to due Galoob for the Game Genie because it allowed the end user to mess with the game. Important legal time - once you own it you can do whatever you want with it. You want to hack it? Beat it with a hammer? Upload it into a digital format to be used by an emulator on your PC? All fair game.

to quote from the manual of ALL N64 cartridges:
"Copying of any Nintendo game is illegal and is strictly prohibited by domestic and international copyright laws. "back-up" or "archival" copies are not authorized and are not necessary to protect your software. Violators will be prosecuted."

incidentally yes Galoob did win the suit, but really only by one interesting point...
"Having paid Nintendo a fair return, the consumer may experiment with the product and create new variations of play, for personal enjoyment, without creating a derivative work."
~District Judge Fern M. Smith

sadly tho that ruling does not allow the creations of ROMs which are of course by legal description a derivative work...and are a violation of copyright
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---