What determines a Thrower's damage output?

#1devidedistandPosted 6/5/2013 4:32:32 AM
Hey guys. When I was younger, this was my favorite RPG, possibly my favorite game, and I recently bought it again online. After it arrived in the mail, I fired it up and was so excited to have it back again :) I played through to the mountains of Erromon, just before the fight with Kitarak. But I couldn't even make it to him because I kept dying, and I realized that when I was a kid, I had no flipping clue what I was doing or how to level up properly, and I actually just kind of avoided as many enemies as I could and muscled my way through with Abrecan lol. I'm sure it starts that way with most newbies, but this time I've researched the game mechanics quite a bit. So I feel much more confident this time, and I am doing quite well with it.

Now to the point. I started a new file the other day and decided to really put my heart into it, you know? I also wanted to try something new and challenging, so for my starting team I picked up Rheda, Godric, and Brenna. Now I have Rheda and Alaron as battlemages, Brenna as a bit of a ninja-mage, and Godric is my thrower/mage/alchemist.

But I don't know how to go about leveling Godric. I've just been pumping his Throw skill, and a few other things, but how do I get him to deal more damage? In-game description of Strength says it's for hand-to-hand combat, so I take that to mean melee in general. And Intelligence says it affects the chances of success with casting spells, ranged weapons, etc. But I don't understand if Intelligence raises the damage dealt too, or is that included in Strength? Or should I just keep pumping Throw?

Thanks to anyone who can help :)
---
Diamond Name: Devid
Friend Code: 3179 8130 3119
#2triaxx2Posted 6/11/2013 2:57:22 AM
I'm not entirely sure what throw does. I always pumped Dex for more turns. Once you get to erromon, talk to Becan get a throwing iron. Now he can reach the entire map. The only other upgrade is the Dragon Fang in Port Saiid, which is a magical version meaning it can hit wraiths and other things that require magical weapons.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#3LoneSoldierPosted 6/11/2013 8:51:19 AM
strength...kinda dumb I know... but think of it as how hard you can throw...
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---