Is this even worth playing now?

#1Bob SakamanoPosted 6/13/2013 6:07:17 PM
There's a number of RPG's I'm looking at now that I never got to play and I'm curious about this one. Is it worth treading through or has it aged too poorly to make it worthwhile?
---
Please educate yourselves before creating dumb posts. -GrandMasterIceShaft
#2unknownhombrePosted 6/14/2013 6:30:33 AM
I'm also curious. I've had this for years, but have never really played it much.
---
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, still exists."
www.digikline.com
#3triaxx2Posted 6/14/2013 9:08:57 AM
It's still fantastic as long as you're not a graphics nut. It still looks kind of awful, but the gameplay is still rock solid.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#4LoneSoldierPosted 6/14/2013 3:01:34 PM
it's worth playing at least once :) tho you'll probably want to play it several times to try and find all the little cut-scenes you get depending on who's in your party...

but yes like triaxx2 said.. if all you care about is graphics...go play outside (the only true 3D+HD "game" = reality)

if however you posses the increasingly rare ability to look past the main characters ridiculously bad haircut, and a few other minor graphical messes...please...enjoy the game :D
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---
#5Bob Sakamano(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 11:04:37 PM
I'm not talking just graphics, I mean game play as well. Some N64 games have aged poorly in that regard.
---
Please educate yourselves before creating dumb posts. -GrandMasterIceShaft
#6triaxx2Posted 6/15/2013 3:48:59 AM
Nope, in that case, this game is almost unique, and incredibly awesome. I say almost because it's got a very similar battlefield combat style to Quest 64.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#7LePhenomPosted 6/16/2013 8:20:54 PM
This is still a very enjoyable experience, play it. =)

I played it for the first time when it was already old and loved it. In my top 10 games of all time.

Just remember to give dexterity to Alaron as soon as possible or you'll get frustrated by his hit/miss ratio.
#8DSGB1283Posted 6/16/2013 8:35:02 PM
Not even joking around, I never picked this game up till this year, and I am turning 30. Not sure if its cause I grew up in what I call the greatest age of Video games, with the NES, Atari, Genesis, SNES era, or if its just that good. However this is one of the best none graphical rpgs I ever played.

Only complaint is its easy to get lost in the woods, but hey thats what makes it fun.
#9LoneSoldierPosted 6/19/2013 3:51:52 PM
woo! another one! hahaha...

I'm turnin 37 this year... and I still HAVE my old (original) Atari2600 !!
(and my nes,snes,n64,gamecube, wii, ps2...)

anytime a "current" game frustrates me I like to pull out the atari games...back then it wasn't about the looks...it was about your imagination and the actual gameplay...
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---
#10The_Milk_Man13Posted 6/19/2013 7:38:44 PM
This game, is worth playing now and ten years into the future. It looks like dog crap, and you'll need to keep a few savegames since it likes to get corrupted (Unless I just have a bad memory card currently plugged into my N64 controller)

You'll also have to blow it first, them old games are a needy bunch. Trust me, once you get past the first hour or so this game will be burned into the fonder parts of your mind until you either go crazy and forget things, or die. Don't listen to these people, Timmy. Just go play the game.
---
It's as though I know every combo in the video game but they keep pressing the A button!
http://tiny.cc/utu2vw bit.ly/mQDTtB