playing through again

#1crashman222Posted 10/1/2013 6:24:10 PM(edited)
Just finished Shamsuk's tower and lost farris. current party consists of alaron of course, abrecan and keelin. currently in erromon because i remember mention of certain good equipment in the mountains now that chaos minions are everywhere. was wondering if anyone could remind me of what they were called, or where to find them. I believe it was a helmet of some sort.

As a side note, every time i play through this game i find something new, whether it be because i wandered so far off path or explored somewhere i never had before....gotta say this has always been one of my favorite games.

also, who should i recruit as my fourth party member before i continue on? i've never dealt with donovan or duegal much, i had baird a couple times and the jundar chick whos name escapes me i had once. i think my party has outleveled arturo by too much by now and i don't feel like dealing with his low dexterity this late in, and i left godric behind when i got becan (who is gone now) so he's a very low level.
---
Why, the only things they can do are Scratching, Tackling, Growling, Howling, Tail Wagging, and Pounding each other. --dragonman13 on pokemon behavior.
#2triaxx2Posted 10/1/2013 8:43:29 PM
Donovan is pretty awesome. I always gave him that long thin blue blade that randomly freezes targets, because it fits the way he looks. And especially his walk up and stab the opponent animation.

Baird is a Betrayer, so I want nothing to do with him. Godric is definitely someone to take from the beginning, and keep all the way through. He's a magic-user/ ranged weapon type so he'd still be a good choice.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#3LoneSoldierPosted 10/2/2013 9:24:47 AM
the Helm of Tempests is probably the one you're looking for, it's in one of the caves in Erromon Mountains...

havn't unpacked my game notes yet so I can't be much more specific tho...

(moving sux...probably take me a month to unpack and figure out where to put all my stuff...)
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---
#4triaxx2Posted 10/3/2013 4:53:43 AM
Helm of Tempests indeed. There's also the Banner of Courage if you're able to pickup Becan again. Probably won't work.

Yeah, and it'll be another month before you realize you misplaced one.
---
#5crashman222(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 11:10:12 AM
retrieved the helm of tempests, picked up Baird and Donovan, trading out keelin as Alaron is as good of a theif as her now. Just got passed the jundar gate.

I could have sworn it was duegal (i know i'm spelling that wrong) who betrays you, not Baird. when does he betray you?
---
Why, the only things they can do are Scratching, Tackling, Growling, Howling, Tail Wagging, and Pounding each other. --dragonman13 on pokemon behavior.
#6LoneSoldierPosted 10/3/2013 11:25:00 AM
Dougal will "leave your party" in the dragon's lair...Baird will stay with you to the final cutscenes
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---
#7crashman222(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 11:40:02 AM
yes that's what i thought....is there a reason most of the jundar merchants are not in what appears to be the shops? do i have to do something before they appear? it's been so long since the last time i played this game and actually made it to Ugarit that i've forgotten.

to be honest even though i've played the game approaching 30 times...i've only beaten it once. and the other day i realized that the one time i completed it i did so using the infinite gold cheat and i decided that just wasn't right so now i'm playing through legitimately.
---
#8triaxx2Posted 10/3/2013 5:11:37 PM
I could have sworn that's who it was. Oh well, never used either of them.
---
#9ThorialMalartPosted 10/3/2013 10:36:32 PM
I've played through this game a few times and a team I really found to be great was Alaron for everything, Abrecan as a tank, Keelin with that fire staff thing you get in Shamsuk's tower because she can do unholy amounts of damage with that thing and the Jundar chick. Managed to crush the boss with no difficulty a few times.
#10crashman222(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 10:40:26 PM
i'm unaware of the fire staff from shamsuk's tower and i only just found out, far too late i can kill farris for the necromancer's staff.

i'm going to have to replay again and asign everyone weapon types i never use...hafted usually gets my favoritism with sword and pure magic just behind

i remember having alot of fun making alaron a pure archer once. the same playthrough i had abrecan a thrower and he completely wrecked shop, though now that i know throw is based on str, that makes alot more sense now.
---