Memory Card Bug - Thinking of using Emulator.

#1StoleYourTvPosted 3/30/2014 8:56:01 AM
Hey folks!

I've decided to dig up my N64 and I've been playing a lot of Paper Mario and Ogre Battle 64, still, I can't get over the loss of my 100 hour AC game. Every time I start a new game, the save file gets corrupted at some point.

My solutions are:

1. Leave N64 on for a complete playthrough (Yes, kinda crazy)
2. Use an emulator file.

I just can't manage to find a nintendo brand memory card for less than a 100$, can't find my rumble pak either :'(

I'm using the Black AC cartridge, are there any other solutions?
#2LoneSoldierPosted 4/3/2014 7:57:28 PM
you could try saving to 2 files in an alternating pattern...if one gets corrupted the other can act as a "checkpoint" so you don't lose 100% of your progress...

corruption can be caused by using an item to boost your stats to allow you to equip stuff you normally can't use, and some areas seem to always go corrupt for some reason (my game hated saving on chaos island, and on the eastern side of the darkling bog...)
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---
#3triaxx2Posted 4/4/2014 4:55:53 PM
I never had a problem with locations, only with the item cheat.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#4LoneSoldierPosted 4/6/2014 8:07:08 AM
as for locations, I mainly had problems saving in the areas where graphical errors were present...

the hole in the sky, the floating tree, and the area on chaos island where one of the wall textures doesn't quite sit properly...and saving while standing under the desert is a bad idea as well...lol
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---
#5ShinquaiPosted 4/9/2014 10:41:56 PM
LoneSoldier posted...
as for locations, I mainly had problems saving in the areas where graphical errors were present...

the hole in the sky, the floating tree, and the area on chaos island where one of the wall textures doesn't quite sit properly...and saving while standing under the desert is a bad idea as well...lol

Can I use your Sig? Brilliant and apt for these boards!
---
XBLGT: Shinquai