are there any rpg's on the ps2 or 360 that are similar to this?

#1Flamechamp2333Posted 4/8/2014 10:11:51 PM
I love everything about this rpg but have found nothing that even comes close to this.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#2LoneSoldierPosted 4/9/2014 3:55:08 PM
been a while since I played any of my PS2 stuff... but off the top of my head...no

but

The Legend of Alon D'ar (PS2)

might be worth a look if you can find it...
---
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---
#3Flamechamp2333(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 4:14:33 PM
i contemplated getting that pple said it wss the worst rpg they ever witnessed

its only a buck on amazon
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#4LePhenomPosted 4/9/2014 6:27:18 PM
Well, most people said Aidyn Chronicles was terrible, but as you know being an Aidyn fan, what most people think doesn't mean anything as your individual taste is what matters in the end.

For a buck, I'd say give it a try. I personally haven't played it, but I would if I had some free time and not already too many games to play.
#5The_Milk_Man13Posted 4/24/2014 7:26:51 PM
Most would probably disagree, but Dragon Age: Origins always sparked Aidyn nostalgia for me.

Aidyn's the better game, but there's my 2 cents worth.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, the forum where the mods are idiots and your opinions don't matter.
http://tiny.cc/utu2vw bit.ly/mQDTtB
#6AvvilPosted 4/25/2014 4:21:22 PM
The_Milk_Man13 posted...
Most would probably disagree, but Dragon Age: Origins always sparked Aidyn nostalgia for me.

Aidyn's the better game, but there's my 2 cents worth.

I can definitely see the similarity there, and agree that Aidyn is the better game. Of course, I don't think many other people would actually agree with that, as there don't seem to be a lot of people who appreciated Aidyn in the first place, while DA:O was wildly popular.

Alon D'ar has many strong similarities to Aidyn, but it's a weaker game overall. I enjoyed playing through it with a friend, at the very least.

Not that many games really spring to mind that have particularly strong similarities, though. Aidyn Chronicles just has this really bleak mood that it casts throughout the entire game, a clunky but functional and intriguing combat system, and a really enjoyable stat and character growth system. Exploring everything while trying to get stronger feels exciting and the rewards satisfying, environments and enemies are dangerous and oppressive, and even safe areas often feel cold and barren at times, but rarely in a way that feels like it wasn't intended. I love it.

The King's Field series has a similar environmental setup to Aidyn, as well as an emphasis on exploring everything, but the combat is nothing alike. Still great games, though, and you'd be able to play all of them between the PS1 and PS2.

If I think of something else, I'll make another post in this topic, but the only other thing coming to mind (and not even on the systems listed) is Quest 64, which has a similar combat system, and somewhat similar bleak feeling at times, but is fundamentally a pretty different game from Aidyn Chronicles.
---
"But...her voice when she's in pain is pretty adorable, you know?"
-Saya, Saya no Uta
#7triaxx2Posted 4/26/2014 1:25:25 PM
I don't know about the 360, but Star Ocean has always seemed pretty similar gameplay wise.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15
#8LePhenomPosted 4/28/2014 7:11:50 PM
Star Ocean is? You just got me interested.. ^_^
#9triaxx2Posted 4/30/2014 2:51:57 AM
Well it's got the same kind of battlefield where everyone is free to move around on it. I really enjoyed it.
---
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15