IMO the most overpowered right arm weapon is...

#1it_r_over9000Posted 4/21/2011 5:45:53 PM
This weapon: WG-HG512.

This is the yellow handgun that's really cheap, like 22000 CR or something. I just finished playing Project Phantasma last night and I used this weapon against Necron and he couldn't even move. Yeah I was using Human Plus upgrades and an overweight mech, but I didn't even have to actually use those things. I had a Grenade Launcher and never used it, and I never used the wave beam from the Moonlight blade. I simply sat there and strafed around him while continuously firing the handgun and he was stuck in place by the recoil from it.

Figured I'd post this even though the board is dead. Maybe someone will comment on a new topic. Again, this is just my opinion. This weapon made every fight I remember struggling with in that game's arena a joke.
---
PSN-Ponmbr
hupitgaming.com to find a team
#2erofeevPosted 4/22/2011 12:21:13 PM
Yeah, that gun was annoying as hell. Especially in the Champion Arena, where roughly 50% of the ACs use it. What's hilarious is that you get a shock-reducer AFTER going through the whole thing. After that, that handgun isn't nearly as bad.
---
there ya go. peach tea. you're gonna hate it.
#3it_r_over9000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2011 12:56:21 PM
Don't you get an optional part that does that in the first game or is this a different thing it does vs. the part from AC 1?
---
PSN-Ponmbr
#4erofeevPosted 4/28/2011 8:00:31 PM
Yeah, the one in AC1 (can't be bothered to look up the name, which is sad) reduces the shock a bit, but not nearly as sufficiently as the one you get after clearing the Champion Arena. Without that shock reducer the yellow gun is essentially Satan incarnate.
---
loose seal
#5it_r_over9000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2011 11:51:33 PM
This gun is hilarious. I always remember back when I was little having a hard time with the guy named Brutus in PP. He had the sniper rifle and small missile launcher that's orange colored (can't be bothered to look it up) and had Plus upgrades. He'd always fly around me and stunlock me in place and I could never beat him. I returned the favor this time around.

But back then, I always tried to fight in the arena that's an indoor city. Now I only fight in the gun base arena that's got water everywhere and it makes fights so much easier because there's so much space to strafe and fly. I can almost permafly on this map with a lightweight AC + the Grenade Launcher, especially on low mobility opponents.
---
PSN-Ponmbr