This game has the best story ever

#1PedroMontanaPosted 5/20/2012 8:11:52 AM
I'm really sad they toned down the story contend in the 2 sequels, Bangai-O Spirits on DS and Bangai-O Missile Fury on XBLA.
---
No More Heroes
#2PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 12:07:29 PM
I'm surprised they didn't release the N64 version as an import on the Wii VC.
---
No More Heroes
#3Pako PakoPosted 5/23/2012 1:10:56 PM
Bangai-O (N64) on the US Wii VC or the Virtual Console in general?

(If it was ever translated into English, what translation would it get? The NTSC-U translation, the slightly-differing PAL translation, or the just-as-nonsense NTSC-J dialog?)
---
-=PakoPako=-
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
#4PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 4:37:33 AM
Well, i said import, so i mean US and PAL VCs.

About the language, anything could happen.
Castlevania Rondo of Blood is in japanese despite an English script being available because of the PSP version.
Monster World 4 never had a western release, yet Sega completely translated it for the west.
---
No More Heroes
#5Pako PakoPosted 5/25/2012 12:30:24 PM
PedroMontana posted...
About the language, anything could happen.
Castlevania Rondo of Blood is in japanese despite an English script being available because of the PSP version.
Monster World 4 never had a western release, yet Sega completely translated it for the west.

Wait... these games are on the Nintendo VC?
---
-=PakoPako=-
#6PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 3:34:28 AM
Sure they are.

Rodo of Blood is the original japanese TG16-CD version, except that the old german voice acting in the intro has been replaced with the new german voice acting from the PSP version.
I guess Konami either lost the rights to use the original voice, or they wanted the new, more natural sounding german voice because these versions are available in Germany (The original voice was obviously there to get japanese players into a "medieval Europe" atmosphere, it sounds quite weird and stilted to native german speakers).

Monster World 4 was completely translated into english for the VC release. It was released on the VC a few weeks ago, on the same day as the Arcade Wonder Boy in Monster Land game.
---
No More Heroes
#7Pako PakoPosted 6/7/2012 8:18:58 AM
Heh. Is the official MW4 translate better than the fan-lation?
---
-=PakoPako=-
#8Pako PakoPosted 7/5/2012 10:36:31 AM
If I had the cash, I'd want to collect various editions of the game... just to see if they have odd translations (manual and all).
---
-=PakoPako=-
#9guwaPosted 8/1/2012 12:40:28 PM
Must be interesting.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TWSMj.png
#10Pako PakoPosted 8/16/2012 11:18:36 AM
Hey, I've seen you before...
---
-=PakoPako=-