To Anyone Wondering What Those Eggs and Ice Key Are/How To Get Them

#1MeaslesPosted 10/29/2005 2:53:53 PMmessage detail
This isn't supposed to cover much, just the basic sketch of what those things are.

First off, I'd like to say that there are many eggs and a strange Ice Key throughout this game. You're probably wondering what they are. The answer is in this topic.

These trinkets are supposed be used in Banjo Tooie (BT). You are supposed to be able to link them with Banjo Kazooie and BT to use. This is what Rare intended to do, called the RareWareProject, a. k. a. Stop n' Swap. Rare didn't want you to get them in this game by itself, so they don't serve any purpose in this game whatsoever. Period.

Now how to get these things? You need to enter cheats in the Sandcastle at Treasure Trove Cove. I'll list what world the objects are in, what it is, and the cheat you enter in Treasure Trove Cove's sandcastle. There will be a short cutscene in which you will see where in that specific world it is, so before your hunt for Stop n' Swap begins, I suggest you explore to know enough about each world.

World: Mad Monster Mansion
What: Green Egg
Cheat: CHEAT AMIDST THE HAUNTED GLOOM A SECRET IN THE BATHROOM
Obviously, it's at the top of the mansion, in the bathroom, in one of the windows.

World: Treasure Trove Cove
What: Purple Egg
Cheat: Cheat Out Of The Sea It Rises To Reveal More Secret Prizes
Go to Sharkfood Island which is way out in the ocean, close to the sandcastle.

What: Blue Egg
Cheat: CHEAT DONT YOU GO AND TELL HER ABOUT THE SECRET IN HER CELLAR
You need to go to the cellar.

World: Gobi's Valley
What: Blue Egg
Cheat: Cheat A Desert Door Opens Wide Ancient Secrets Wait Inside

World: Freeezy Peak Mountain
What: Ice Key
Cheat: Cheat Now You Can See A Nice Ice Key Which You Can Have For Free

World: Rusty Bucket Bay
What: Red Egg
Cheat: CHEAT THIS SECRET YOULL BE GRABBIN IN THE CAPTAINS CABIN
In RBB, go to the front of the ship, then go into the hole near it that doesn't come alive.

World: Click Clock Woods
What: Yellow Egg
Cheat: CHEAT NOW BANJO WILL BE ABLE TO SEE IT ON NABNUTS TABLE
IIRC it doesn't matter which season you go to. Go to Nabnut's House.

Sorry if I couldn't be more specific, but as long as you read this, you should have a basic knowledge of what Stop n' Swap was, and how to get the items. Once again, these items ARE TOTALLY USELESS, because Rare didn't actually want you to get them.
---
Wanna send different comments to an admin while contesting? Sign! http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=23851299
#2S XeroPosted 11/1/2005 8:40:38 PMmessage detail
Oh, alright! This better lower the number of topics about this we get a day. I swear, that was really getting on my nerves...

Good job, measles.
---
Brand New Your Favorite Weapon
Vist my ASCII Board! #571908
#3MeaslesPosted 11/2/2005 5:03:07 PMmessage detail
Thanks S Xero. This isn't supposed to last forever. qqwerf is going to make a new one, and this will just have to subsitute until then. Until then....

^.^
---
Wanna send different comments to an admin while contesting? Sign! http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=23851299
#4MeaslesPosted 11/2/2005 5:04:47 PMmessage detail
Whoops I forgot to put where the cellar is, in MMM. Apparently there was an egg but now there is just a piece of a puzzle....*sigh*
---
#5pictoshatPosted 11/3/2005 4:48:28 PMmessage detail
Banjo Tooie only used the ice key and 3 of the eggs.  I wonder what the others could have been for...
#6ChildOfRagnarokPosted 11/4/2005 7:29:35 AMmessage detail
There is a theory. The ones that weren't used are the Red, Cyan and Green ones. So, the Red Egg became the Fire Egg, the Green Egg became the Grenade Egg and the Cyan Egg became the Ice Egg.

Does that make sense to you? It does to me.
---
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
#7bungie091Posted 11/4/2005 7:50:17 AMmessage detail
Shame that ice key never did anything, when i first saw it i was in shock and spent about 4 hours straight trying to get it.
#8GameMasterXeroPosted 11/5/2005 8:30:59 AMmessage detail
It surely shows Rare threw that project out the window.
#9Karin18Posted 11/8/2005 3:59:26 PMmessage detail
Well I hope this topic works better than mine did...X_X
---
100 Ways To Order A Pizza
9. In your breathiest voice, tell them to cut the crap about nutrition and ask if they have something outlandishly sinful.
#10MinjonatorPosted 11/10/2005 7:13:57 AMmessage detail
Yeah you put blue egg twice...............

The only people that read the board are people that play this game a lot like us. So no one new reads old topics unless they are like the top 3 topics. Or can't you get someone to put a sticky?