Vycoul posted...
SorasMonkeyBro posted...
Call me a troll

Okay, troll.

Lol
---
Current Game Playing: Assassins Creed 3
Last Game Played: The Last Story
#4VycoulPosted 11/11/2012 9:17:53 PM(edited)
In all seriousness, I think it's the exact opposite. (Except the clone part, that wouldn't make sense)
In my opinion, Banjo-Kazooie completely outclasses Super Mario 64 in every way possible. But to each his own.
---
"Death song, death door, death river awaiting! Rich!"
- Summoner casting Lich in Final Fantasy Tactics
#5UilnslcoapPosted 11/13/2012 3:50:19 PM
Yep, Banjo-Kazooie is lightyears better than SM64. And now to employ the ignore function once more!
#6jake-sfPosted 11/19/2012 7:36:22 PM
Well, its a copy paste clone hardly makes an argument.

People get too worked up on using the same formulas, yet I'm dying for games that just copy the old basic formulas and just build something. Castlevania Symphony of the Night can easily be labelled a Super Metroid rip off because it carries on a lot of things from it.

But no, I say it honor the game it copies from, does it well, still creates something unique and more importantly, fun.

Banjo Kazooie borrows a lot of basic formulas from Super Mario 64, doesn't hide it, and improves or adds its own twists. Its hardly a clone, it does copy, but there was never anything wrong with copying.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#7MushroomQueen4Posted 11/25/2012 1:58:19 PM
How is Banjo-Kazooie a copy of Super Mario64?
#8joethehobo5Posted 11/27/2012 2:15:59 PM
SorasMonkeyBro posted...
Is a copy paste clone of super mario 64

So every 3D platformer is a clone of Super Mario 64? The game has much better level design, smoother game feel, and overall is more interesting. Every single character has detail and will leave an impact on you enough for you to remember them. You may have your opinion that SM64 is a better game, I respect that. However, it is in no way a clone to it.

Also you're a troll.
---
Bottles vs. Kazooie
#9Karin18Posted 11/29/2012 5:18:22 PM
I agree that this game is a copy of Mario 64. Anyone who says otherwise is probably terribly misinformed or a true, blind follower of Banjo-Kazooie.

What I will not agree with is that it is an EXACT copy. Not in the least. Sure it is a platformer and you collect things and there's pictures in the hub world. But the world doesn't change depending on what 'star' you're going for, nor is there a 'star' for getting all 100 notes, nor is there 6 'stars' on a level. Also Mario knows all of his moves from the start, but just gains the access to three of them later on. Banjo has to learn his moves progressively.

So yes, Banjo probably did steal some things from Mario. But it's not a 'copy paste clone' as there are PLENTY of things that are different.

I know you want to be called a troll since you said that, and I'm not sure why you would come to a game board and insult it (whereas if you were looking for a constructive debate, you could probably have gone to the Super Mario 64 board; or said it a different way here), however I will not call you a troll. You are simply a misguided, misinformed miscreant.
---
Black Mage: Dammit fighter, White Mage doesn't like me because you're a rotten friend.
Fighter: I'm horrible!
#10needlewarblerPosted 12/11/2012 2:49:02 PM
It may be SM64's basic premise but the heart and soul is a completely different game alltogether. It's like saying Perfect Dark is a clone of Goldeneye (Though they were made by the same people).