ice key ...

#1superpikminbro7Posted 12/1/2012 4:41:28 AM
i know it's from the beta of the game but what does it do.
i know it's something to do with DK64 .
#2superpikminbro7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 4:43:56 AM
there's a code for it
but i don't know what it does.
#3wearewe34340Posted 12/2/2012 2:41:50 PM
It's related to stop n swop. I'm going to give you the quickest summary of stop n swop I can.

The ice key and the eggs hidden in these games (the stop n swop items) were supposed to be used to unlock something in Banjo Tooie when the player took out the BK cartridge and (in under 10 seconds) replace it with the Banjo Tooie cartridge. The save data of BK would still be in the system when Banjo Tooie was started up so data would be transferred. BUT the player had 10 seconds to do this or else BK data would be lost.

When Nintendo released an update of the Nintendo 64 this was changed to 2 seconds of having the data remain so Rare ditched the idea leaving the ice key and eggs in BK.

It has no relation to DK64.

I hope this helps, but you should really look this up for the full story, it would make more sense, also it's fascinating in a way.
---
Earthbound, Mother 3 and Banjo-Kazooie FTW
"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!"
#4Karin18Posted 12/2/2012 4:37:21 PM
To Anyone Wondering What Those Eggs and Ice Key Are/How To Get Them

Was the stickied topic not obvious enough that it contained info about said ice key?
---
Black Mage: Dammit fighter, White Mage doesn't like me because you're a rotten friend.
Fighter: I'm horrible!
#5superpikminbro7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:11:18 PM
wearewe34340 posted...
It's related to stop n swop. I'm going to give you the quickest summary of stop n swop I can.

The ice key and the eggs hidden in these games (the stop n swop items) were supposed to be used to unlock something in Banjo Tooie when the player took out the BK cartridge and (in under 10 seconds) replace it with the Banjo Tooie cartridge. The save data of BK would still be in the system when Banjo Tooie was started up so data would be transferred. BUT the player had 10 seconds to do this or else BK data would be lost.

When Nintendo released an update of the Nintendo 64 this was changed to 2 seconds of having the data remain so Rare ditched the idea leaving the ice key and eggs in BK.

It has no relation to DK64.

I hope this helps, but you should really look this up for the full story, it would make more sense, also it's fascinating in a way.

thank you.