I found this game again...

#1mothballsPosted 1/13/2013 9:21:59 PM
and fired it up and played it on wiis emulator....

its so much fun! I already 100% the first world... I got sucked into it, defs a big part of childhood for me and some of my friends.

what are your memories of this game?
---
We are losing money not because of pirates; we are losing money because people decided not to buy our game. -CD Projekt dev
#2xCurvxPosted 1/14/2013 7:56:26 AM
Spiral Mountain had a catchy tune to listen to, one that I enjoyed listening to as a kid. Just listening to the music while learning the basic controls of the game made it such a great area to start off the game with!

In Mumbo's Mountain, I remember I kept trying to hit the Gorilla (Forgot his name) with Eggs after he gave up a Jiggy. After I saw that doing this would only make him throw oranges at a fast speed, I was hesitant to return to that World as a kid lol.

Treasure Trove Cove was an awesome World to play through. After all, it was the place to learn how to Fly, and of course, the World contained the Sand Castle where you would input cheat codes :)

Clanker's Cavern, specifically learning the Wonderwing ability, made me feel all-powerful as a kid. It also helped that the move had a catchy tune when using it!

Bubblegloop Swamp was alright, good mix of challenges and difficulty, though I hated getting the Jiggies from Mr. Vile and the Tiptup Choir. Mr. Vile was just annoying to defeat, especially as a kid, and as for the Choir, I had a hard time remembering the song that they played :(

Freezeezy Peak was also fun/annoying for me. I loved it for the Christmas theme that the World had going on, but also hated racing against Boggy, especially the second time lol.

Gobi's Valley was actually easier for me (Compared to Bubblegloop Swamp), so that made playing through the World more enjoyable for me.

Mad Monster Mansion always spooked me whenever I played through the game. Didn't help that Goblin Ghosts and such were abundant in that World :( The music that plays inside the Church is a bit somber, but strangely hypnotic. I always enjoyed listening to that theme.

I remember Rusty Bucket Bay being my least favorite World in the game. I can't tell you how many times I collected all of the Notes in the World (Before entering the Engine Room), going to the Engine Room, hitting a fan blade by accident, and having to start all over...

I remember Click Clock Wood being my most favorite World in the game (Spring, Fall, and Winter in particular). Just being able to play during different seasons made it that much more memorable and fun to play as a kid.

Banjo-Kazooie was just such an amazing game to play through as a kid, so awesome that I still play through the game every now and then (I used to play the Xbox Live Arcade version until recently, as I managed to get a N64 cartridge from a game store!)
#3mothballs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:32:08 PM
what is the XBLA version like?
---
We are losing money not because of pirates; we are losing money because people decided not to buy our game. -CD Projekt dev
#4xCurvxPosted 1/16/2013 11:07:05 AM
mothballs posted...
what is the XBLA version like?

I really like the XBLA version, its really nice!

It is mostly unchanged, the main game and such is still the same. Though there are some changes, here are some I can remember at the moment

*SPOILERS*

The N64 logo at the beginning of the intro is gone, but the Game Boy that Banjo is playing during the File Select screen is still there.

The textures are nice and crisp, but I still miss how the old character models looked like (This is just my opinion, I still like the new graphics, though!)

Collecting Musical Notes is now auto-saved! So, if you were to collect 95 Notes in a World and somehow lost all your health, when you respawn in the World Pad, you are still at 95 Notes! Saves time and helps with frustration (Especially if you're playing this game for the first time). However, this can be a problem if you're trying to complete Bottle's Secret Jigsaw Puzzles BEFORE you complete the main game, as when you see the Banjo in the puzzle collecting musical notes, the game thinks that it was actually you that collected those notes in those unexplored worlds, and as a result, those Notes won't spawn/respawn. I think a patch came out that fixed this, but I'm not too sure. I would complete the main game BEFORE doing the Secret Jigsaw Puzzles if I were you.

Activating cheats with the Sand Castle disables achievements (And also saving). By cheats, I'm talking about stuff like getting abilities before talking to Bottles and Cheato, and other stuff. If you talk to Cheato like you usually would in the main game (For example, going from 100 to 200 Eggs that you can carry), then input the codes, this doesn't disable achievements or saving.

There is a Leaderboard, which is nice if you're interested in trying to compete with others in trying to complete the game as fast as possible!

I *THINK* (Not too sure) almost all of the moves in the game have the same name as they did in the Nintendo 64 version. One exception is the Turbo Trainers, which are named "Running Shoes" in the XBLA version, I think.

Achievements in the XBLA version, though that goes without saying :P

The Stop 'N' Swop feature "works" in the XBLA version, though in order to collect the Eggs in the XBLA version, you need to have a save file from either Banjo-Tooie or Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts I think. In Nuts and Bolts they unlock extra blueprints and parts, I think. In Banjo-Tooie it doesn't do anything I believe, you just need the save file from Banjo-Tooie (Or Nuts and Bolts) so you can get the Eggs and Key, I think.

I think that's the most of it, there may be some stuff I missed, but this is what I can remember lol.

By the way, if you wanna see some differences in the intro and models, here's a video for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVX9lxnJITI
#5needlewarblerPosted 1/16/2013 3:32:37 PM
It really disables your saving if you do the cheats? That's a bit odd.
#6DonkeyKongSongPosted 1/18/2013 2:08:18 PM
They were called Running Shoes in the N64 version. Prior to this, the name "Turbo Trainers" was exclusive to Tooie.
---
Current Glee song total: 371 (Through "Goodbye")
"My family, my coworkers, my girlfriend.. they're all gone.. WOO HOO!" ~ Fry from Futurama
#7xCurvxPosted 1/20/2013 11:26:47 AM
needlewarbler posted...
It really disables your saving if you do the cheats? That's a bit odd.

Yeah, but just if you do those "extra" cheats, like getting Infinite Air/Eggs/Feathers/Health, and such. The cheats you get from Cheato and Bottles won't disable saving, though!

DonkeyKongSong posted...
They were called Running Shoes in the N64 version. Prior to this, the name "Turbo Trainers" was exclusive to Tooie.

Ah I see, thanks for that correction! It really has been a long time since I played the N64 version lol.