Very Successful Canary Mary Strategy

#1ArceuszillaPosted 2/17/2009 1:00:29 PM
ATTENTION ALL CANARY MARY HATERS!

tired of losing OVER and OVER again in Cloud Cukooland against the most infamous Canary?

are your thumbs getting ridiculously sore?

do you not feel like buying a turbo just to defeat her?

Well now I've discovered a successful way that took me just 3 tries.
take an object like a spoon, or another object with a surface (I used a Mario Party microphone) and rub it quickly against the A button on the controller.

don't press the button, rub the button sideways with a flat surface object!

(don't forget bout the start/pause method aswell)
#2Rayman212Posted 2/28/2009 9:06:54 AM
(don't forget bout the start/pause method aswell)

^ This

I don't see the problem. She was easy then, and if I knew where my game was, I beat her again now >.>
---
Finally, the time has come, now choose your own path. Follow the righteous path and live your future in hope and peace.
#3KowbrainzPosted 3/1/2009 2:46:32 AM
take an object like a spoon,

I stopped reading there.
When will people realise there's something called rubber band programming and learn to take advantage of that?
---
www.spiralmountain.co.uk - home of Banjo-Kazooie.
#4ChildOfRagnarokPosted 3/2/2009 3:24:17 PM
Don't be a wuss: button mash! Hell, I can beat her both Jiggy and Cheato page by button mashing, without pausing. Which, as usual, leaves my right arm useless for a good five minutes, but hey, no pain no gain, right?
---
Who else agrees that N&B has ruined Stop 'n' Swop? Current votes including mine: 4.
#5tuffguy34Posted 3/16/2009 8:55:38 AM
Has anyone ever played Track and Field 2000 for the n64? That was the ultimate button mash fest, every single event required a button mash except for two or three. After purchasing a turbo controller and utterly pwning the hell out of the game I honestly can't see how anyone could play with it otherwise.
#6LinkSlayer831Posted 3/17/2009 9:00:09 AM
I didn't know about the rubber banding when I played it, but did just fine button-mashing. My trick is to shake my forearm. It's much faster than trying to tap with your thumb.
---
And remember folks, arrive alive. If you arrive dead, people will be really freaking confused as to how you still managed to drive there.
#7tuffguy34Posted 3/17/2009 2:25:26 PM
Rubber banding? I'm interested... you could also roll a lighter back and forth across it.
#8LinkSlayer831Posted 3/17/2009 5:06:58 PM
I meant the rubber band AI. As in Canary Mary speeds way up if you go faster than her.
---
And remember folks, arrive alive. If you arrive dead, people will be really freaking confused as to how you still managed to drive there.
#9KowbrainzPosted 3/18/2009 4:27:44 AM
It's not necessarily if you go faster than her, it's mainly the fact that if you start out fast and start slowing down she'll overtake you, so it's better to just keep a medium pace the whole race and keep it consistant - just enough to overtake her at the very start but not enough to tire yourself out.
---
www.spiralmountain.co.uk - home of Banjo-Kazooie.
#10master_mind777Posted 3/19/2009 2:54:58 PM
Well, I beat her by just going slowly for 4 or so presses of the A button, then 4 quick mashes, then 4 slow, then 4 fast, repeat until you are ahead. If you speed up, Canary Mary starts to go at almost 10x speed. , so just keep going slowly, and mash for very small intervals, not long enough for Mary to realize that you sped up.
---
(see quote for sig)