Oh wow Blast Corps

#1HellaciaPosted 3/29/2012 4:30:25 AM
I just scored 20.6 on Havoc District. Whee~

I wonder if anyone posts here anymore. This game is still awesome, even today. It has the power to kick my ass even beyond Platinum times.
#2Moth366Posted 3/30/2012 11:55:00 AM
Why don't the best games get imitators? D: I would kill for a new game that resembles Blast Corps in gameplay.
---
Say hi to Hashmeer. (o_o) "Hi."
~<3Cult of Terra<3~ We're all berries!
#3Hellacia(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 1:34:10 AM
Hey, a fellow Blast Corps fan! ^__^

Yeah, I'd love to have more classics... but I don't think you could imitate Blast Corps correctly anyway, somewhat for the fact that it is a classic. Really, the ridiculousness of its physics - the almost sheer randomness of it - is what makes it such a endearing game. Any game that would be created in this one's vein would be far too precise and realistic, simply because we have achieved precision and reality for many years now and they have become the de facto standard when making games like these. And I think it would take the charm away.

I'll just do what I can to make this game last forever :D

On that note, improved my Ironstone Mine time. Got 39.4. That seems to be 2nd place on Cyberscore... but I don't buy it. I know people haven't updated their times in years. It's probably more like 5th.
#4Moth366Posted 4/7/2012 12:05:56 AM
Ever play Mass Effect 1? Ever do the planetside thing in the Orca? Blast Corps physics, right there.
---
Say hi to Hashmeer. (o_o) "Hi."
~<3Cult of Terra<3~ We're all berries!
#5Hellacia(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 9:30:26 PM
Haha, wow, good point, though it's only a side portion of the game. It's true though (oh and I haven't played it, just seen it).