available on psn

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloody Roar
  3. available on psn

User Info: Bastard0fYoung

Bastard0fYoung
7 years ago#1
I can't believe this board is still dead right after the game's been released on psn... guess it wasn't as popular as I assumed it was.
psn: pod6jerk
xbl: pico83

User Info: GEL

GEL
7 years ago#2
A darn shame too.

Yeah the moment I saw it up I grabbed it. Showin' my support for the series. Bloody Roar 1 holds up surprisingly well after all these years. That never ceases to amaze me.

I've actually been thinking of doing a retrospective video on the series but I recently stumbled across the TVTropes page for Bloody Roar and EGAD! It's like the polar opposite of my opinions on the series (except for 4)!

Bloody Roar 1
Me: One of the best (and fastest) of the series. Holds up surprisingly well.
TVT: Rather bland and button mashy.

Bloody Roar 2
Me: Adds great new characters but the controls and graphics seem worse and some characters lost more moves than they gained. Varied inputs for specials actually becomes a bad thing here due to lack of in-game movelist.
TVT: Best of the series.

Bloody Roar 3
Me: Mix 1 and 2 together and clean it up and you about get BR3.
TVT: Good but mashier than 2.

Primal Fury/Extreme
Me: Even smoother, more cleaned up, more moves, Bloody Roar at it's finest.
TVT: Mashiest of the series.

Bloody Roar 4
Me: Least mashy entry on the series, but too many moves were removed, they tried to hard to veer away from the 2D aspects of the gameplay, and it's overall a mess.
TVT: A mess.

XD I dunno if I should question my taste in fighters as the better I find a Bloody Roar to be, the "mashier" it's claimed to be or not. Actually on second though I'm leaning twords "No". Just because a fighter is "mashier" doesn't mean it's not better than it's less mashy counterparts when played at a higher level. Bah! Whatever. Any thoughts?
I YELL GAME WORDS!
http://the-gel.livejournal.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Bloody Roar
  3. available on psn

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived