Anybody still come to this board?

#1C_Money17Posted 2/16/2012 6:28:08 PM
I have some fond memories of this game, and I'd kill to see an HD re-release on PSN and Xbox Live. Hell, even on the 3DS or Vita.
---
http://stopsay.in/epic
Stop saying "epic", goddamn it. Also, "noone" is not a word. It's "no one".
#2Walter268Posted 2/18/2012 12:25:39 PM
Ah Body Harvest, it is indeed, a classic. Always will be one of my favorites. I was so in awe as a child, i couldn't believe that you could get in ANY vehicle and drive it. You see that airplane? Yea, you can get in it. See that Missle Truck? Yea you can drive it.....be careful though.

Haha good times man, good times.....
---
2011 Packer tracker: 15-2. OFFSEASON
My Teams: Green Bay Packers - Utah Jazz - Utah Utes
#3C_Money17(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 2:49:46 PM
Good times, indeed.

I remember first getting this game for Christmas way back in '98. I had specifically asked for Doom 64, but my dad couldn't find it and got this game instead. I remember being a little disappointed at first, but then I really started getting into the game and couldn't put it down.

But man, this game was a challenge for me. Now that I think back, I believe it's because of this game that I first discovered Gamefaqs. I remember getting stuck for quite a while on the very first level because I couldn't figure out that you were supposed to drive the tank up that steep hill to the Alien Processor. Then, I got stuck for a long time again in the first level of America, because I didn't know you were supposed to cross a large gap by jumping it with a vehicle. It sure felt good when I finally beat the game after a few months of trying, though. That last level was killer.

The game even had a good amount of replay value thanks to the cheats. I loved using the cheats for powered up weapons (the Howitzer was ridiculous) and to turn all harvesters into mutants.

It's because of games like this that I've deeply regretted selling my Nintendo 64 so many years ago. I know I can use an emulator, but the game has slight lag and big clipping issues (I don't quite remember having the power to run through buildings). It saddens me.

I just decided to look through the topics and post on this board because I had found the complete soundtrack for the game a little while ago. Brought back so many memories...
---
#4Walter268Posted 2/19/2012 11:20:47 AM
Haha i know what you mean. Its amazing how certain sounds can bring back so many good memories.

I don't remember when we got this game for the first time, i just remember one of my older brother's had borrowed it from one of his friends. I remember thinking it was so cool, i would get on and just drive around that blue truck in Greece for hours (I was 5). Back then i used to watch my brother's play and beat games that i had no idea how to beat. Goldeneye. Jet Force Gemini, Body Harvest, etc. Being 5 at the time i had no idea what to do.

Then, 12 years later, when i was 17, i dug out the old N64 from the storage room. We had sold most of our games, but still had the console and controllers. I went on a search and found a store just a few miles from my house that sold N64 games. The first game i bought was Body Harvest.

Man, going through and playing that game again was something amazing. Most of it i couldn't remember, it was like i was playing a whole new game again. There were some areas that brought back Nostalgia though. Specifically the Missile Truck mission in Siberia, the knife quest in Java and most of the first area of America.

Its amazing how sometimes certain games can have such impacts on our live, you wouldn't think little polygons and audio could do that. But Body Harvest did that for me.

*Goes to play Body Harvest*
---
#5Hugh ManateePosted 2/20/2012 12:24:59 PM
I wish I could play an online coop version of this, it would be sooooooo badass...
---
______________________OMNISLASHES next user!!!
\________________o_o__|====<(`..*)>
#6C_Money17(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 11:26:31 PM

There were some areas that brought back Nostalgia though. Specifically the Missile Truck mission in Siberia, the knife quest in Java and most of the first area of America.

Java was my favorite, despite how careful you had to be not to fall in the water and die.
---
#7Hugh ManateePosted 2/23/2012 7:37:42 PM
You ever use the howitzer cheat in one of the java fan boats? freaking awesome.....
---
______________________OMNISLASHES next user!!!
\________________o_o__|====<(`..*)>
#8Walter268Posted 2/24/2012 3:12:21 PM
Can't say i have
---