Breath of Fire 1-2 remake for Xbox360(or multi) will be announce in E3 2010

#1Jiang_Boyue_WeiPosted 4/9/2010 8:25:33 AM
I know this is BoF3 board but this is the most active BoF board on gamefaqs(I think),so I post this news on this board,too.

I just get this news from this link.

http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fanboy-news/2363-square-enix-bringing-valkyrie-profile-sequel-to-xbox-360-and-more

"The second game is a Breath of Fire compilation consisting of the first two SNES titles with updated graphics and modern HD cut-scenes added in. The limited information we were given leads us to believe that outside of the visuals and FMV, these are basically straight ports on a single disc"

Don't get your hope too high because it's just a port with visuals upgrade and some cut-scene.
But for BoF fan like me this is good news that BoF game doesn't get abandon completely.
#2LBokshaPosted 4/9/2010 10:16:36 AM
There have been rumours of a 6th console game in the franchise as well, but, as always, seeing is believing.
---
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!
#3TheMogsterV2Posted 4/9/2010 10:51:43 AM
I seriously hope this is true, but I'd be pissed if it only came to the Xbox 360 and if they kept the same translations for both games...
---
This sig doesn't leave until Mother 3 is announced for North America. 04/23/06
#4Yusuke001Posted 4/9/2010 9:51:54 PM
Any BOF release is cause for getting your hopes up lol, BOF fans will take whatever they can get at this point. Guess we'll know for sure when E3 comes around, I'm curious about the whole thing though, as the article mentions, Sqauresoft released the first BOF in the U.S., but Capcom released the second game themselves. So unless SE got the rights to release the second one, it doesn't make much sense. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait for E3.
---
TvC FC: 3739-0938-3148 Name: Amon
PSN: LordAmon15
#5DarthMordechaiPosted 4/9/2010 10:04:13 PM
Square-Enix publish loads of games nowadays, it's no real big surprise to see them doing it again for a series you say they have already have involvements with
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
Look on my footworks, ye mighty, and dis pair
#6AlignPosted 4/10/2010 2:10:31 AM
Well... when I dreamt of a remake for 2 it involved more than just a graphical update, but this still sounds almost too good to be true.
Except for the Xbox exclusive thing.
#7Yusuke001Posted 4/10/2010 8:55:44 AM
I own a PS2, PS3, 360, and Wii, so it's not really an issue for me. Like the article mentions though, I doubt it's going to be exclusive, it wouldn't make sense for anyone involved. Can you honestly see Microsoft paying money for BOF of all things?
---
TvC FC: 3739-0938-3148 Name: Amon
PSN: LordAmon15
#8AlignPosted 4/11/2010 5:07:57 AM
Probably not..
Unless it was included in the deal, sort of thing.
#9Allen TaxPosted 4/11/2010 9:02:51 PM
Unless they add stuff. It wont draw much attention nor make decent money. If they add more to the game like Persona 3 PSP did.Arena of sort. oh right Breath of Fire 2 had it of sort..:rolls eyes: More monsters, bosses, equipment, items. New game plus, & then add bosses for that feature. Like how a certain wild arms did.
---
Is A guy.Like guys ONLY period! "Rights are not won on paper. They are won only by those who make their voices heard"-Harvey Milk
#10God_of_MagicPosted 4/12/2010 5:10:19 AM
Wow, auto buy for me.
---
Stress: Not strangling the life out of someone when they so desperately need it.