How does this compare...

#1casastsoomPosted 12/18/2008 1:54:01 AM
I LOVED BOF3. Various reasons. How does this compare to it? I already know that the dragons are hideous, but besides that a few questions....
can you still examine--> learn enemy skills?
whats the dragon variety like? i noticed on some youtube videos no matter what dragon it was, ryu would always turn into this warrior look alike from bof3, whats up with that?
#2KalesfuryPosted 12/18/2008 3:58:41 AM
1. On Examine:
You no longer have to examine a single enemy. Instead, you 'guard' (defend in BoF3), and the character examines EVERYONE, including your own party. Ryus' dragon forms have learnable skills, and you can teach your party that way. If a skill can be learned, it will be highlighted in blue if someone is guarding when the skill is used.

2. On Dragons:
You have Aura, Kaiser, Wyvern (Weyr), Behemoth (Mammoth), Myrmidon (Knight) and Mutant (Punk), for a total of six dragons, four of which can be upgraded. As with BoF3, each dragon has different multipliers to stats and different skillsets. When you transform into a dragon, you take on a dragon hybrid form until you use a breath attack, where you summon the true form of your dragon to 'breathe' on foes. More on this in the Dragon Guide by Raiu.
---
A giant briefcase crashes in through your roof and yells "Huzzah!"
#3casastsoom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2008 5:34:04 AM
hey thanks alot you have been the one answering all my questions
#4sk8r_ryanPosted 12/20/2008 9:29:58 AM
I've learnt skills without guarding. In fact, I never guard.
---
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. 7% are too ignorant to try listening to good rap. Sig this if you're one of the 1% who listens to rap AND 'real music'.
#5ThePredsterPosted 12/20/2008 11:56:30 AM
Only other way to gain skills without guarding is to learn from masters and your missing out on alot of skills by not guarding.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePredster
yes im elic
#6FooFightersFanPosted 12/20/2008 4:05:35 PM
Personally, I never gave this game a chance until this summer because I was so disappointed by the dragon transformation system. It was much more interesting and fun in BoF III.

In all other respects, though, I prefer this game. I like the story better, the characters are more interesting, and learning skills is easier.
#7ElicorianPosted 12/20/2008 5:34:58 PM
I had 50 bucks and I saw BOFIII at Play N trade for 30 bucks but ended up not getting it and got FF ant,Ehrgiez, and Chrono cross all for 50 bucks
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePredster