Whale, spearfish and angling rod

#1Alfieri xPosted 2/17/2010 10:44:52 PM
I just got the angling rod and i'm wondering it that's the one to use an ocean spot 2 because the only things at the spots are two rocks one on the left and one on the right. I can see 4 rocks farther but the angling road can't reach them. Do I need a better rod to reach that place? Is there where both of them are?

If not could anyone give me more specific location for both of them and the lure you used?

Thanks in advance!

---
"I call upon they, in the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder.... Indignation!!!" - Genis Sage
#2AlltraPosted 2/18/2010 5:05:03 AM
The Angling rod has the greatest reach of any rod.

For myself, I've found that using the Dancer Lure works best for both fish. For Spearfish, Tech 4 accross the surface of the water near the two rocks to the left yields the best results. For Whales, it's the same thing, except you have to let the lure sink all the way to the bottom and then perform a Tech 4.

With a little patience and some practice, you'll eventually be able to recognize certain fish based on their stamina bar and the shape of their shadow. Once you can do that, if you catch anything that isn't what you're after, you can just let the line go slack until they let go of the hook, and you won't lose your bait. Since your casting out so far, it's much faster to just let them off the hook than trying to reel them in, if you're trying to target a specific fish.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if it is a fantasy.
#3Alfieri x(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2010 9:50:15 AM
Ok I will keep trying just how you told me near the two rocks on the left. I hope I can catch some of them
---
"I call upon they, in the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder.... Indignation!!!" - Genis Sage
#4Alfieri x(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2010 10:39:04 AM
Wow in less than 30 minutes I caught my first whale. Thanks a lot I'm still trying for the spearfish. I read in a guide that its a bottom dweller, but i will follow your advice and try on the surface, but wouldn't be a better a bait that doesn't sink?
---
#5AlltraPosted 2/18/2010 11:28:26 AM
There are two reasons why I chose to use the Dancer Lure for them.

1) I'm good at teching, and I can execute a tech 4 fairly quickly. The Lure doesn't sink very much because of the quick, rhythmic tapping of the button.

2) Bonito aren't attracted to the Dancer Lure, and you don't catch Octopus or Flatfish near the surface, so it limits the number of possible fish you can catch. That leaves you with 4 possible fish to catch: Spearfish, Whale, Man-o-War, and Sea Bass.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if it is a fantasy.
#6Alfieri x(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2010 11:49:24 AM
You were right, I caught them this way. Thanks again
---
#7AlltraPosted 2/18/2010 12:05:27 PM
Not a problem, happy to help.

---
#8TGGHODPosted 2/18/2010 5:01:10 PM
You can use the Master Rod to get just about any fish at that spot. The single rock straight out from the boat is within the range of the Master Rod.
---
"Admitting defeat establishes a mental state of resignation that will make it certain." -- Zeddicus Z'ul Zorander, Wizard of the First Order