Brigandine Challenge Mode

#1enjoylifePosted 10/20/2012 3:35:24 PM
Everybody who ever play this game all knew how easy the hard mode is. We knew how stupid the AI is, which rune knights should be use and which shouldn't, how to recruite that knight we want, how to build good armies etc. In short word, we all knew the success formula to beat the game and we follow that formula everytime we play. Ever notice we end up with the same line up no matter which country we play?

So I created some rules to challenge myself and make the game much more fun and refreshing.

General Rules

1. NO SUMMON - never summon monsters, only use what we got since the beginning, with a few exception as follow
1.1 captured monsters can be use
1.2 monsters from quest can be use (Dogal's / Aldis's / tame quest)
This rule alone make the game much challenging since wecan't form our perfect lineup and have to use what we had. This will limit our Unicorns number and make those low level priest/cleric become valuable. This will limit our Centaurs number and prevent us to form a sniper team. This will encourage players to capture enemy's monsters.

2. NO QUEST KNIGHTS - never use quest knights in battle, we are meant to use our own knights (those low born knights just suit for item hunting job only)
2.1 knights who join by story events can be use in battle as follow
- Glauze, Halley, Alsace
- Millia, Eloute, Gust, Lecarra
- Baleen, Galonwand, Georg
- Morholt, Luintail
- Shred, Schutleis, Soleil
- Liguel, Castor, Miguel (can be use only if acquire in battle scene, not after their country was defeated)
2.2 knights who join after their country was defeated can't be use in battle (by player or AI, except Soleil). They're losers.
This rule will make our underdog knights find their role in battle, using Bilcock/Brusom/Irvin/Georg can be fun too.

Additional rule for New Almekia and Caerleon
3. NO ALLIANCE - break alliance within 6th month year 215
Two tigers in the same cave? No.

and the last rule for New Almekia
4. BORN TO BE KING - Lance must be King at level 1 (and stay there), basically never use him (he is just a pampered kid, can't let him go to battle anyway)

Enjoy!
#2enjoylife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2012 8:30:58 PM
If the above rules still not challenge enough, try to add these following challenge;
1. NO RELOAD - lost precious elite monster? bear with it. Reloading should be consider cheated.
2. HARDCORE - any rune knights KOed in battle can't be use anymore. (quest & battle). keep them somewhere isolated and forget about them.
3. MAXIMUM KNIGHTS - obtain all possible knights available.
3.1 New Almekia - 45
3.2 Caerleon - 40
3.3 Norgard - 42
3.4 Iscalio - 41
3.5 Leonia - 41
3.6 Esgares - 30
To make this possible, you have to follow these steps;
- be the 1st to capture Esgares castle (could be challenge for Leonia)
- destroy Esgares yourself
- destroy Iscalio yourself, and hope Bagdemagus join Norgard/Leonia
- let other country destroy Norgard&Leonia, and hope Bagdemagus will join you
- recruit all quest knights available
In case you play as Esgares empire, you have to make Shred appear and destroy every countries yourself.
#3HMandACFanPosted 10/20/2012 10:04:18 PM
My favorite challenge is probably more challenging than that. I may try yours if I get bored, but I encourage you to try mine. It basically uses your first #1 and #3 and your second #1, but with this MAJOR added restriction: all monsters you use MUST be level 10 or higher. This means to start off with, you only have 2 monsters as Iscalio, 5 as Esgares, and 3 as any other country. Pretty hard. Also, every game is different, because it depends on what monsters you get.

Your first #2 doesn't sound like it'd make it that hard. Your #4 doesn't sound hard, either, although I don't lke New Almekia much anyway. Your second #3 just sounds dumb....not realy challenging. But your second #2 sounds pretty hard. That's what I want to try. Use your original challenge, plus that added rule #2. That's what I'll try if I ever get the free time, anyway.
---
Currently Playing: Radiant Historia (DS)
#4enjoylife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2012 11:33:38 PM
HMandACFan posted...
all monsters you use MUST be level 10 or higher. This means to start off with, you only have 2 monsters as Iscalio, 5 as Esgares, and 3 as any other country. Pretty hard. Also, every game is different, because it depends on what monsters you get.

Do I have to delete all other monsters?
Can I place it in army slots to scare other country? ;D
#5HMandACFanPosted 10/21/2012 9:07:09 PM
You have to delete them. sorry :P
---
#6Sin JackalPosted 10/22/2012 7:59:07 AM
Here are a few additional ones:

Beat the game within one year (not possible with every faction)

Attack every turn on all available borders (turn 1 is an exception, so you can set up teams). And do not retreat if you can't win, take it like a champ.

No more than 200 rune power useage per knight. (you may use knights with more rune power, but don't use more than 200 RP). This makes many forermly overlooked knights suddenly very valuble, in some cases better than the previously "really good" knights.

No dragons, centaurs, lizard men, Rocs, wyverns, or any of their promoted states. In other words, you cannot use the so-called best 5 types of monsters. (You may use hydras, griffins, angels, demons, giants, unicorns, vampires, jinn, mandrake, fairies, hellhounds, and anything else i'm forgetting).

And a special one: Only use Zemeckis by himself with his monsters; no other knights. He can still win battles by himself, even against super teams (I've killed Guinglain AND Vaynard, and a few monsters with them also being supported by Morholt once with just Zemeckis on defense). Tbh, it's even easier to accomplish when you're on offense with him.
#7HMandACFanPosted 10/22/2012 8:28:16 PM
Sin Jackal posted...

Attack every turn on all available borders (turn 1 is an exception, so you can set up teams). And do not retreat if you can't win, take it like a champ.

No more than 200 rune power useage per knight. (you may use knights with more rune power, but don't use more than 200 RP). This makes many forermly overlooked knights suddenly very valuble, in some cases better than the previously "really good" knights.

No dragons, centaurs, lizard men, Rocs, wyverns, or any of their promoted states. In other words, you cannot use the so-called best 5 types of monsters. (You may use hydras, griffins, angels, demons, giants, unicorns, vampires, jinn, mandrake, fairies, hellhounds, and anything else i'm forgetting).

And a special one: Only use Zemeckis by himself with his monsters; no other knights. He can still win battles by himself, even against super teams (I've killed Guinglain AND Vaynard, and a few monsters with them also being supported by Morholt once with just Zemeckis on defense). Tbh, it's even easier to accomplish when you're on offense with him.

1. Beating the game in under a year sounds like a dumb challenge, in all honesty. Like it's not fun. Or maybe not even possible. Have you done it?

2.The "attack from every border each turn" is interesting, I guess.

3. No more than 200 rune power is obviously fairly easy, but it may be a good one for people just starting to challenge themselves. A good first challenge to try.

4. If given the chose, I rarely use Rocs and don't care that much about centaurs. I PREFER to use 2 Jinns/Faeries over a Wyvern, and 1 Jinn/Faerie over a Lizard Man (except maybe in GE, which i don't play much). I prefer a hydra over a dragon, too. I've done this challenge before, though, because I beat it using ONLY hydras and tiamats. lol. Angels, Demons, Faeries, Vampire Lordsand Unicorns are all better than Rocs, Wyverns, and Lizard Men (LoF). Maybe adjust that challenge a bit, it's the aboslute dumbest one of all....

5. Not sure if you meant in every battle you can only use Zemeckis, or only restrict the battles that he is in. The former might be interesting; the later fairly lame. Just saying. Also, why not just say any leader so you can do it with any country? And FYI, it's nothing new that a single knight and their monsters can take on a team of 3.
---
#8enjoylife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 3:03:31 AM
Sin Jackal posted...

1. This depend on how many knights we have at the start so it's not gonna work out for many country. (as you already mentioned)
2. Sound interesting but it isn't go well with hardcore rule. I can just run around though, but what's the point.
3. I like this 200RP limit because it prevent players to form big army and it go well with all my rules.
4. Restrict some kind of monsters isn't make sense because each players have their own strategy. Your 5 best isn't always same as other player's 5 best. But thanks to you that this gave me some idea about my new rule.
5. Zemeckis is overpowered and using only him conflict with my purpose to encourage players to use underdog knights. But thanks to you again that this gave me some idea about my new rule.
#9enjoylife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 3:14:09 AM
HMandACFan posted...
all monsters you use MUST be level 10 or higher. This means to start off with, you only have 2 monsters as Iscalio, 5 as Esgares, and 3 as any other country. Pretty hard. Also, every game is different, because it depends on what monsters you get.

Something I don't like about this.
1. This force players to stick with strong knights. (which conflict with my purpose to encourage using underdog knights)
2. This is hard at the beginning but become easier after players manage to capture enemy's elite monsters.

But thanks to you that this gave me idea about my new rule. ;)
#10enjoylife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 4:07:41 AM
Thanks to you guys ideas, here is what I like and want to add to my rule set.
1. No more than 200 rune power usage per knights. This will prevent players abuse high rune power knights.
2. Monsters level 10 and above isn't allow. This will prevent the game to become easier at later state. Prevent players abuse powerful monsters and encourage players to capture enemy's monsters before theirs obsolete.
3. Knights level 25 and above isn't allow. This will prevent players abuse powerful knights.

This 3 goes well with all my old rules and make the game more strategic depending.