If you could choose one country to control in a 6 player controlled tournament.

#31walterzmeowPosted 2/5/2013 7:02:10 AM
For the purpose of this discussion, you have to assume all players are equal in skill. That means the countries are not equal.

Honestly, as much fun as I envisioned it 10+ years ago, I just couldn't see it being much fun after a few turns. Every country starts with at least 3 good knights that are theoretically capable of beating any of the other countries big 3.

A lot of the value for project knights is diminished (Kiloph, Brangien, and Lance come to mind), middle guys would be almost equally discarded (Bagdemagus, Guinglain, and Luintail), and high enders with low rune power (i'm looking at you- Esgares) lose much value.

The only fair way to get a handle on how it potentially could go down is to determine which 3 knights each country would deploy, and which initial recruits could be hired. Angels and Demons would be especially favoring because of their nuke spells (divine ray & curse) The starting second tier monsters would be a minor factor as well. Possibly even which classes are open to the big 3 knights because spells would be more devestating against human players.

When I get some time I'll draw up a more detailed analysis of how this would compare.
---
http://www.globalresearch.ca
#32walterzmeowPosted 2/7/2013 12:20:37 PM
Here are my opinions for top 3 knights/country. (Rune Power)
I'll leave it for a bit to see if anyone wants to debate.
Next post I'll outline recruitable monsters, second-tier initial monsters, multiclassing, and other thoughts.

New Almekia:
Gereint(284)- duh
Melegant(209)- duh
Coel (254)- change him to a mage
Overall (747)- NA probably has the worst top guns. They have versatility but are underwhelming.

Caerlon:
Cai (319)- duh
Dinadan (307)- duh
Janfader (198)- highly debateable
Overall (824) One of the strongest, with the third slot interchangable.

Leonia:
Paternus (273)- duh but he will be multiclassed
Asmit (214)- Switch to mage
Isfus (233)- duh but he will be multiclassed
Overall (720)- My favorite for this concept. Statistically they are the worst. Having 3 healer/mages offers the most versatility.

Iscalio:
Dryst (322)- duh
Iria (248)- duh
Bagdemagus (215)- very debateable
Overall (785)- One dimensional. Probably the best top guns but no versatility.

Norgard:
Vanyard (332)- duh
Guinglain (294)- duh
Roadbull (247)-switch to mage
Overall (873)- They're pretty bad initially. High rune power, Vanyard, and potential are their saving grace.

Esgares:
Zemekis (351)- duh
Cador (275)- duh
Esmeree (304)- duh
Overall (930)- Clearly the best in terms of levels and rune power. They are also capable of fielding a second team (Gish, Esclados, Soleil), although the second team is worse than any others top guns.
---
http://www.globalresearch.ca
#33Rune CasterPosted 2/15/2013 1:32:44 AM
walterzmeow posted...

New Almekia:
Gereint(284)- duh
Melegant(209)- duh
Coel (254)- change him to a mage
Overall (747)- NA probably has the worst top guns. They have versatility but are underwhelming.

You should round to the nearest 5 points Gereint (280) + Melegant (205) + Coel (250) = 735 as there are no monsters that use 4 rune points...
---
You have to be careful with those bulls. For instance...
*is picked up by a bull and placed in the cow launcher* o_0 THWIP-P-P-P AHHHHHHHHHH! - TimeSpaceMage