How do you play the game on an emulator? - I own the game and a playstation

#1Prevch2Posted 1/30/2013 5:13:00 PM
I put I own the game and a playstation in the topic title because I don't want the topic to get closed. I'm not trying to pirate the game in any way.

So, I do, in fact, own an original copy of the game (Legend of Forsena) for the Playstation 1 and I also own a playstation 1, but I am interested in playing the game on an emulator for a few reasons:

1. I burned an ISO of my game disc and am interested in playing it through my computer with my xbox 360 controller

2. I enjoy using save states

3. I want to try using cheats through the emulator

I have tried using EPSXE and PSX Emu's but I didnt have much luck. Does anyone on here having a fully working setup? If so, what emu are you using and how do you have it configured? Remember this is in relation to Legend of Forsena, not the Grand Edition.

Thanks for your help!
#2Rune CasterPosted 1/31/2013 2:22:45 AM
You can use game shark V 5.0 with pSX_1_13, it will even launch hacks of the game - such as changing the rune of castles or the monsters the castle can summon etc (using a hex editor)
---
You have to be careful with those bulls. For instance...
*is picked up by a bull and placed in the cow launcher* o_0 THWIP-P-P-P AHHHHHHHHHH! - TimeSpaceMage
#3Prevch2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:23:38 AM
Rune Caster posted...
You can use game shark V 5.0 with pSX_1_13, it will even launch hacks of the game - such as changing the rune of castles or the monsters the castle can summon etc (using a hex editor)

Thanks Rune Caster, I really appreciate your response. Out of curiousity, what plugins are you using with psx 1.13? How are they configured?

Does everything in the game work as it should including sound?

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.
#4KrystieTheModelPosted 1/31/2013 10:35:34 PM
The game works perfectly on PSXeven complete with sound.
#5Rune CasterPosted 1/31/2013 11:31:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]